Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

is Woo the worst customer care company in the kite industry ?

Forum for kitesurfers
fzonatto
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: florianopolis
Style: freeride
Gear: north rebel
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: is Woo the worst customer care company in the kite industry ?

Postby fzonatto » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:16 pm

I am not the only at all
Attachments
Screenshot_20190313-111257.jpg
Screenshot_20190313-111308.jpg

fzonatto
Rare Poster

Postby fzonatto » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:24 pm

for now they just decide to blocks me on their page on facebook... instead of giving the warranty they blocked me...
Attachments
Screenshot_20190314-092118_1.jpg

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core

Postby deniska » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:09 pm

sounds like a dickish move..
Just checked the page and yes there seem to be a few recent comments about lack of response to service claims...
I hope they improve..
I actually met with a couple of guys from woo and my impression was that they were more obsessed with kiting than with corporate stuff.
Sort of laid back surfer attitude... but that was a few years back... maybe they have changed...

Now, to report on recent device mishaps after the firmware change:
I did the battery drain thing and it seemed to fix the issue.. My buddy who had similar issue is yet to report on his results after the battery trick.
Also, spoke to another kiter who spoke to them and he was told that it was more of a server side bug, while validating jumps during upload.
so either one of the 2 but seems to be resolved now.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Scheveningen, Domburg, Rilland, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Binnenschelde, Vrouwenpolder, Oostvoorne, Rockanje, Grevelingen, Borssele.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Switch Helium V1 18m Element V3 13m-7m V4 9m-5m Legacy V1 10m-14m Slingshot Fuel 2005
Switch MJComp V2 136x41.5 Firewire Hellrazor 6.1 timbertek Shinn Shinnster Nobile 555 125x38

Postby Faxie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:49 pm

I'm draining the battery at the moment... takes a long time though, almost 24hrs now. I wonder if it'll change the readings.

Maybe I need to recalibrate my gut feeling during jumps, I don't know... but I find it very strange that I had some recent jumps where I was convinced I jumped a personal record, turned out to sit 2 meters lower than my current record, which didn't feel that high in comparison... but maybe that PR was misread, who knows... would still mean the readings are off.

fzonatto
Rare Poster

Postby fzonatto » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:38 pm

deniska wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:09 pm
sounds like a dickish move..
Just checked the page and yes there seem to be a few recent comments about lack of response to service claims...
I hope they improve..
I actually met with a couple of guys from woo and my impression was that they were more obsessed with kiting than with corporate stuff.
Sort of laid back surfer attitude... but that was a few years back... maybe they have changed...

Now, to report on recent device mishaps after the firmware change:
I did the battery drain thing and it seemed to fix the issue.. My buddy who had similar issue is yet to report on his results after the battery trick.
Also, spoke to another kiter who spoke to them and he was told that it was more of a server side bug, while validating jumps during upload.
so either one of the 2 but seems to be resolved now.
agree but I am blocked I have to enter with my wife's profile on their page...

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Scheveningen, Domburg, Rilland, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Binnenschelde, Vrouwenpolder, Oostvoorne, Rockanje, Grevelingen, Borssele.
Gear: Switch Helium V1 18m Element V3 13m-7m V4 9m-5m Legacy V1 10m-14m Slingshot Fuel 2005
Switch MJComp V2 136x41.5 Firewire Hellrazor 6.1 timbertek Shinn Shinnster Nobile 555 125x38

Postby Faxie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Couldn't get the battery to drain... the Woo stopped at 30%. Can turn it on, but it turns itself off again within 30 seconds.

I had some problems charging the Woo, had to put pressure on the Woo while it was in the charger, or it wouldn't turn on the charging. No problems now after I drained it...

Got some very strange readings too... shaked it up and down for like 50cm a few times, and it recorded 1 3+m jump...

GTC
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Gear: Wainman
Has thanked: 0

Postby GTC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:00 pm

How a company treats its customers can mean the difference between failure or success. From the opinions I've read, doesn't seem that Woo has a bright future.
These users thanked the author GTC for the post:
Leon van Bergen (Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:22 am)
Rating: 10%

Kitemenn
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:06 am

Faxie wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 pm
Couldn't get the battery to drain... the Woo stopped at 30%. Can turn it on, but it turns itself off again within 30 seconds.

I had some problems charging the Woo, had to put pressure on the Woo while it was in the charger, or it wouldn't turn on the charging. No problems now after I drained it...

Got some very strange readings too... shaked it up and down for like 50cm a few times, and it recorded 1 3+m jump...
Hi Faxie any kitesurfing since you drained the WOO? Did you noticed any changes in behaviour? Thanks for letting us know.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 pm

Kitemenn wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:06 am
Faxie wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Hi Faxie any kitesurfing since you drained the WOO? Did you noticed any changes in behaviour? Thanks for letting us know.
Still the same.

We had a full week of 30+ wind here, and multiple times I was convinced I broke my PR, but not according to Woo. People I didn't see jump particularly high all got 14-15+

Got the hangtime record every time though...with a C kite...

Kitemenn
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Faxie wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 pm
Kitemenn wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:06 am

Still the same.

We had a full week of 30+ wind here, and multiple times I was convinced I broke my PR, but not according to Woo. People I didn't see jump particularly high all got 14-15+

Got the hangtime record every time though...with a C kite...
Mmm...too bad! I assume most people updated. What else could be going on?

Return to “Kitesurfing”