Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

naish pivot question

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: naish pivot question

Postby tautologies » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:39 pm

The torch has remarkably good low end, but nothing close to the pivot. Not only does that pivot have a wider overall range IMO, It also has a lot more comfortable to ride in the upper ranges....especially since where I usually ride its very gusty at the upper ranges. But it does use more throw than the torch. At 6'2'' I would not think this was an issue. I'm same size and have no problems reaching (is why I was saying it could be adjustments to the lines that are needed?). Could it be just getting used to?

I also does ride differently. The torch you depend more on the board to control power in the kite. The pivot is such a well behaved kite, (but with more grunt) that I find myself depending more on just sheeting for a smooth ride.

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:01 pm

I agree Tautologies.

Torch 9m v Pivot 9m :

1. Jumping height = about even, possibly the Torch takes this on pure height.
2. Turning speed and top wind range = No question... Torch all day, Torch is much faster kite and always maintains power, pivot is slower and power is all in the bar throw.
3. Hangtime/float = Pivot by a mile, this kite gives you a few more seconds in the air than a "C" kite... for boosting fun the pivot is brilliant.
4. Upwind ability = About even match
5. Kiteloops = worlds apart.. torch is full power big loops, pivot is...well pivoty and not powered
6. turning speed = No question the torch winds this by a mile
7. Ease of use = Pivot by a mile... I landed a few tricks where I could never have ridden away on my Torch..
8. Unhooked = Torch. Pivot really sucks unhooked...

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:35 pm

BillyGoatGruff wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:01 pm
I agree Tautologies.

Torch 9m v Pivot 9m :

1. Jumping height = about even, possibly the Torch takes this on pure height.
2. Turning speed and top wind range = No question... Torch all day, Torch is much faster kite and always maintains power, pivot is slower and power is all in the bar throw.
3. Hangtime/float = Pivot by a mile, this kite gives you a few more seconds in the air than a "C" kite... for boosting fun the pivot is brilliant.
4. Upwind ability = About even match
5. Kiteloops = worlds apart.. torch is full power big loops, pivot is...well pivoty and not powered
6. turning speed = No question the torch winds this by a mile
7. Ease of use = Pivot by a mile... I landed a few tricks where I could never have ridden away on my Torch..
8. Unhooked = Torch. Pivot really sucks unhooked...
Sounds about right. I reckon that's partly why Kevin won the KOTA with a Pivot: more hang time & float = more time to do his thing elegantly, which seems to be what the judges favoured.

My impression from riding a 10m Pivot is that it is a very powerful kite. It reminded me a bit of a LQF NRG ... but much faster turning. I did feel as if the 10m was a very "big" 10m though.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:33 pm

BillyGoatGruff wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:01 pm
I loooove looping the pivot. It has more than enough power for me. Compared to the Torch is definitely pulls less hard, but looking at Langeree its not exactly gutless in terms of horizontal pull. Last time I looped a torch it took me months to get back on the water...I'm just willing to do that anymore. LOL

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:37 am

this is the best bar I've ever had ! The lines are a definite upgrade this year and I love how the grip is tapered so its comfortable in your finger tips. This video shows how easy it is to adjust the throw. The cleat just slides up and down the deposed rope.

Return to “Kitesurfing”