Re: Core XR5 bridle

Postby PullStrings » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:25 pm

deniska wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:40 pm
seasoned veteran
no magical setting
mostly your technique and timing
:thumb:
Riot XR 17 turns and can loop no sweat with Core Sensor 52cm....if the wind picks up to 22 knots while you are on that size... you get big airs :coolshades:
OP don't say what size kite he's got to try getting big air....plus he does not even mention looping
Anything below 10 sqm should go with 46 cm IMO
Bar too wide like 60 !! will pull one kite side real real fast but then slacks the other side way way too much... surely distorting intended kite shape and performance

:beer: :beer: :beer:

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Gear: Naish, Epic, F-one, Shinn
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well and fun to fly
Has thanked: 0

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am

Poor Deniska

No balls no brains but clever enough for a screenshot of "Someone else" bla bla bla

Perhaps you and all the other idiots who are scared to leave the security of Herd mentality should band together and learn what happens when you change the Y line position and bar size..

Your mate PullStrings can research and tell us how you Don't get his big line slack in well trimmed, timed and skilled hands.

Unless you throw a powerful horizontal loop where "both" front lines go momentarily slack in the pull before you drop like a brick and it climbs up.

Perhaps your clever enough to tell us all - why big kites use a bigger bar, but I don't think you are..

Get your ass out there and stop dribbling keyboard bullshit ...

Ps honey because Hadlow got busted up at KOA - all his kites must be shit too huh idiot Baa Haa Haa

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:59 pm

ShaveTheWhales wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:55 pm
On the 9m Xr5
1. Use the lightest bar pressure and fastest turn setting
2. Use a 60cm bar with an adjustable Y line and move the 1 foot closer to the kite.
Don't get too caught up in the 'brand bar for brand kite bullshit'
Bad advice except for lightest bar pressure in the bridle setting
No one uses WHALE SIZE bars like that anymore !!
No need with the Core bridle system and their great Sensor smallish bar 52/46
You can loop a XR5 15...17...and even the 19 with just 52 cm
46 cm is all that is needed

Besides this will become old topic soon :wink:
XR6 will arrive.... like clockwork..in a bit over 3 months from now
Last edited by PullStrings on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby deniska » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 am

ShaveTheWhales wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am
Poor Deniska

No balls no brains but clever enough for a screenshot of "Someone else" bla bla bla

Perhaps you and all the other idiots who are scared to leave the security of Herd mentality should band together and learn what happens when you change the Y line position and bar size..

Your mate PullStrings can research and tell us how you Don't get his big line slack in well trimmed, timed and skilled hands.

Unless you throw a powerful horizontal loop where "both" front lines go momentarily slack in the pull before you drop like a brick and it climbs up.

Perhaps your clever enough to tell us all - why big kites use a bigger bar, but I don't think you are..

Get your ass out there and stop dribbling keyboard bullshit ...

Ps honey because Hadlow got busted up at KOA - all his kites must be shit too huh idiot Baa Haa Haa
The way you present your opinions reminds me of this guy.. any chance that you are him?:
kitekooks.png
kitekooks.png (222.07 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Don't hold your breath waiting for me megalooping flat kites, I am not retarded. I think I already explained why, with multiple videos.
As to posting someone else "bla bla bla",
the question was about bridle setup for big air..
here is my today's session.. far from my best, but hey, you can only do so much with 12m XR5..
IMG_1060.PNG
easy to verify.. log to woo app and search for today's top sessions in north america... should be somewhere close to the top...
Honestly, I could have done 15 easy have I stayed on the hydrofoil.. but due to "no balls" situation, that was detected by shavethewhales I had to jump to TT once wind picked up. Just did not feel comfortable boosting race foil with sharp wings in my drysuit on this wind direction.. I would not make the swim in the cold water if the suit had a cut.

now, shavethewhales, do you mind sharing any of your resent megaloop footage with XR5? surely you can ask a friend to hold a phone in video record mode for 5 minutes to document your achievements.. Either way it will be a good clip with lots of clicks...
somehow, I don't think we are going to see any.. prove me wrong, kid....

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Gear: Naish, Epic, F-one, Shinn
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well and fun to fly
Has thanked: 0

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:55 am

Lol you clowns don't know shit hiding behind keyboards...

If you remember all my posts that the woo would not go over 14m whether it was 20.knots or 45..

You will also remember me looking down over kites in storm weather comments and your Shit Woo still says 14m lol

So woo doesn't meant shit and you still have no balls to leave the Herd bullshit.
Bas haa haa haa

PullStrings you idiot you should know better living here but apparently not - another loser with his head stuck ...

Marriage is for you guys Baa haa haa ;)

And Don't worry - there are plenty videos out there, just ask some of the teams that edit me out of jumping with them.

Feel free to ask Mr Hadlow himself :)

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:43 am

Dennis

Just start your own thread for your personal woo off stat fest,

We get it, you have some strange affliction only treatable by shoving woo stats into every post, great. Well done.

The guy asked about setting up his kite to boost
NOT who can post meaningless woo stats and get into arguments

Sorry to correct you, I didn’t offer any setting advice so please dont lie, I simply had the temerity to question the irrelevant flat kite/crazy fly/megalooping tangent you we’re pushing and your “ incredibly reliable woo stats”

Still not seeing the 300+ meter you need per session, gotta hop some more next time, chase those stats...

I note you have yet to deny you are actually sponsored by Core after another poster called you on it? So it’s true?

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby deniska » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:51 pm

shavethewhales,
shoot, you are that fat kid in the helmet from kitekooks vlog, you gotta be... same mix of empty claims, arrogance and obscenities..
Can't get 14 on woo, but posting long threads about big airs...
no substance, just hot air...

===========================================

Not commenting on the other guy, who keeps posting irrelevant silly comments on things that he does not understand (powered loops or how to read a woo session)

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Dishing out the fat kid insults... ooh burn!

The thing with woo, do jumps even happen if it’s not on woo?

Wtf did every one do before woo to gain public acceptance of their greatness? They just went kiting;-) and didnt worry about the internet’s, woo log or go pro footage

Return to “Kitesurfing”