Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core XR5 bridle

Forum for kitesurfers
ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Re: Core XR5 bridle

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:55 pm

On the 9m Xr5
1. Use the lightest bar pressure and fastest turn setting
2. Use a 60cm bar with an adjustable Y line and move the 1 foot closer to the kite.

Now you will have a more stable faster turning kite in strong winds for big air that will Megaloop very well..

Don't get too caught up in the 'brand bar for brand kite bullshit'. If you experiment youll discover fine tuning adjustments can work well.
Wear a helmet
Wear a vest...

It's a better all round kite than advertised..

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby deniska » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 am

ShaveTheWhales wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:55 pm

2. Use a 60cm bar with an adjustable Y line and move the 1 foot closer to the kite.

Now you will have a more stable faster turning kite in strong winds for big air that will Megaloop very well..
Hmm I wonder why none of the CORE riders used XR5 in KOTA this/last year..
Could it be because crazy fly guy used a flat high AR kite and had a big crash when the kite decided to stall on a loop?

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:28 am

If using a 9 sqm XR5
No need for a 60 cm bar
Core bar is 52 cm / 46 cm
Use 46 cm

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:08 pm

deniska wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 am
ShaveTheWhales wrote:

Could it be because crazy fly guy used a flat high AR kite and had a big crash when the kite decided to stall on a loop?

Or they all use the GTS5 so used gear that worked for them, that they ride all the time and are familiar with?

Taking a position based on one rider with a different brand of kite and making it about Core and the XR5 not being used is stupid, yet kind of expected.

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:38 pm

deniska wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 am
ShaveTheWhales wrote:

If you manage to launch your kite in proper winds without breaking all the gear, you could test what he suggested and report back instead of posting sarcastic comments that are not helping this topic in any way :thumb:

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:40 pm

James,
you obviously did not get the sarcasm.. I think Excal did.
Anton, who was mentioned here already, explains why flat bows are not "ideal" for megaloops here (FF to 1:54)

note that XR is on the list of "not ideal" kites on his slide ;-)

Can you megaloop flat bow kites or even foils? - sure.. but it comes with higher risk of hurting yourself, imho (and Anton's too)

Excal,
I get your sarcasm too..
I find it a little unwarranted though...
You refer to a botched launch video in a locked CORE thread?
Well, it was not put there to brag on my skills. In fact I have not done much in that video to deserve the shit storm of "criticism"..
The helper screwed up and released the kite before I was ready (I did not have time to hook up and fix the DD).
I am sure that your helpers never make mistakes, gusts never rip kites out of your hands, etc.. but in my universe, if you kite regularly things like that catch up with you. And there is still zero excuse for the gear to fail you in those situations. Some pointed that the issue was due to a wrong position of DD inside the loop.. well if you scroll the video frame by frame, you'll see that there are times when the DD is not touching the flag out line and the ball at all.. The video was published to point a serious issue with the bar design, one of a few actually..
But yeah, keep your head in the sand and point finger at a messenger, instead of asking the manufacturer to fix the damn thing that has an ability to kill ya.
Now as to relevance, I have close to 500 sessions in my woo log (obviously I kited way more than that, but this you can easily verify) most done on XR kites (scroll through and check the photos). I have more than a day of combined airtime and more than 100miles of combined height (when you sum up all the seconds and meters in the air).. I can match Anton's woo score to a meter and I have never been to SA (he posts his best jumps from there) ... our local setup is far less ideal...
Now it would be interesting to see other commentators to produce any evidence of their big airs with the kite in question. woo,piq,xensr score, a video of a megaloop or just a big boost??? I know that some claimed 1000 sessions w/o breaking anything, but I find it hard to believe ;-)

james
Very Frequent Poster

Postby james » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:59 pm

Denis

There was no sarcasm on your post, there was in excals.

If you need a video to tell you that certain kites are not best suited for mega looping then good on ya. Please don’t credit everyone with your level of need for hand holding

james
Very Frequent Poster

Postby james » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Sorry just done some quick maths

Dennis you are telling us all that you AVERAGE 321.86 meters in height EVERY SESSION?

I mean that’s what 500 woo sessions and 100 miles in height (160934 meters ) equates too.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:21 pm

james wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:59 pm
Denis

There was no sarcasm on your post, there was in excals.

If you need a video to tell you that certain kites are not best suited for mega looping then good on ya. Please don’t credit everyone with your level of need for hand holding

Dude,
that video was for you..
most other people already knew the fact that not all kites a good at megalooping.
I have no problem with shavethewhales megalooping his XR with 60cm bar, but I think it's wrong to give this advice to someone you don't know and thus i chimed in.
You, on the other hand once again, provided no value to discussion and turned it in to a personal fight..
You have been moderated before for this.. find yourself a better battlefield..
wanna challenge me on woo? ;-)

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:51 pm

james wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:12 pm
Sorry just done some quick maths

Dennis you are telling us all that you AVERAGE 321.86 meters in height EVERY SESSION?

I mean that’s what 500 woo sessions and 100 miles in height (160934 meters ) equates too.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I don't understand what's amusing ?
and how this adds any value to the discussion?

Return to “Kitesurfing”