james
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Re: Core XR5 bridle

Postby james » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:07 pm

Again, why did I need the video?

No I commented that bringing in crazy fly not mega looping had no relevance to the performance of the XR5 or indeed setting it for big air?

It’s amusing on a number of levels, that you seriously expect is to believe you boost that height on average EVERY SESSION.

You say the majority on the 500 sessions are logged on xr5? that kite has been on the market approximately a year and a half? So if we say 420 sessions on xr5 in 18 months or 547 days that means you spent 127 days doing the rest of your life, work family chores etc and every one of those 420 sessions allowed sufficient wind to boost the magic 321 meters.

You still don’t see anything funny in that?

And no I won’t be challenging you on a woo.
1. I don’t have one
2. Tricky given our geographic locations
3. I have 1 kite.
4 . I don’t jump
5 . I don’t have a twin tip, my surf board doesnt have straps and I am not going to use my slalom board
6. It’s s fucking toy, not a penis extension although given the stats you are cranking out of it I think it might be exactly that in your case
7. I am not 9 years old and getting called out is what kids do.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby deniska » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:15 pm

james wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:07 pm
Again, why did I need the video?

No I commented that bringing in crazy fly not mega looping had no relevance to the performance of the XR5 or indeed setting it for big air?

It’s amusing on a number of levels, that you seriously expect is to believe you boost that height on average EVERY SESSION.

You say the majority on the 500 sessions are logged on xr5? that kite has been on the market approximately a year and a half? So if we say 420 sessions on xr5 in 18 months or 547 days that means you spent 127 days doing the rest of your life, work family chores etc and every one of those 420 sessions allowed sufficient wind to boost the magic 321 meters.

You still don’t see anything funny in that?

And no I won’t be challenging you on a woo.
1. I don’t have one
2. Tricky given our geographic locations
3. I have 1 kite.
4 . I don’t jump
5 . I don’t have a twin tip, my surf board doesnt have straps and I am not going to use my slalom board
6. It’s s fucking toy, not a penis extension although given the stats you are cranking out of it I think it might be exactly that in your case
7. I am not 9 years old and getting called out is what kids do.
So you don't understand what woo cumulative height means, you don't jump but somehow you feel obligated to chime in on a thread about bridle setup for BIG AIR... and have your opinion on megaloops... Jesus, man! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont pull numbers out of your ass, just get the woo app and look me up, hint i'll be in top 15 for cumulative hangtime.. something that you know nothing about, obviously..
Last edited by deniska on Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james
Very Frequent Poster

Postby james » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:25 pm

I didn’t recommend anything of my opinion on setting actually as it wouldn’t be relevant

I didt give an opinion on megalooping either just pointed out gts5 was the kite of choice for a number of sound reasons.

And yeah after starting kiting In 1999 working in retail and repping for nearly 15 years I have decent handle on what works and why without the need for a video presentation

You were the one that said about total sessions and and the majority were on xr5, not me

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:57 pm

james wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:25 pm
You were the one that said about total sessions and and the majority were on xr5, not me
Sir, you are going senile and making up stuff...
check my post about my 500 woo sessions
make sure that it's unedited
find any reference to XR5 explicitly

Well I'll save you some time.. I said "XR kites". Over the years (since I won woo 1 in compo) it included XR3,XR4, XR5 kites.
Frankly the kites fly / boost about the same with same configuration options.
The whole rant was just to show that unlike some posters I know a thing or 2 about boosting those kites...

Cheers...

james
Very Frequent Poster

Postby james » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:24 pm

Look it seems I owe you an apology.

If I had know you were THAT Denis from top 15 woo riders well that changes everything doesn’t it!

Toby, can we get some kind of blue tick like twitter or Instagram for the pro guys? So when is regular guys are interacting the correct level of deference and respect is shown?

Now I see why you were so pissed with Core, etc you still pay for your gear? That’s crazy! They should be paying you or at least on a free deal for the exposure and performance you put in! No wonder you are looking st going to Ozone! At least they will treat you better with free kites etc.

Truly sorry, you know I had you figured as some entitled tech geek that couldn’t look after their gear and wanted domeome else to pay for it!

Damn right they should pay for it! Top 15? get that man a mother fucking deal!

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:29 pm

yep.. mission accomplished, James!
you turned another thread in to a clown show that is about to get locked
from now on, i'll just ignore your posts..

james
Very Frequent Poster

Postby james » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:12 pm

Jeez pay a guy a compliment and that’s the thanks you get..

Sun
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town
Gear: 15m Chrono V2
12m Hyperlink
12m, 10m, 8m Dice (2018)
10m Roca V2
6m Alana (2016)
Naish Stomp 142
Nobile XTR
Nobile Zen Split Foil Board
Zeeko Blaster, Spitfire (Normal & XLW)

Postby Sun » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:44 pm

james wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:07 pm

For what it is worth, 321m/session is mostly meaningless. The massive driver there is number of jumps and length per session. Put a kook on a board for a four hour session and watch him get 200 meters easily.

I am not a poor jumper, but I am no expert. Nevertheless, over my complete 68 session Woo history, I average 436m/session. I also average 90 minutes/session, which I think is probably higher than Denis, so I get more time per session to jump. Point being, that number you are hanging on is not important.

All in all, you boys are fighting over nothing. Get out and kite!

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:51 pm

deniska wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:40 pm
I know that some claimed 1000 sessions w/o breaking anything, but I find it hard to believe ;-)
But true
Nothing broke
I do maintenance " before " it might happen
2 bars and we are talking from summer 2011
One with 600
Other 400
Both chicken loops replaced once when the harness hook wore out a channel 1/2 through the plastic
Sure replaced depower lines and safety lines 4-5 times per bar....installed couple new donkey sticks too
Sure replace both complete bridles and pulleys one time on both bars and they are still in good shape today
Replacing parts that normally wears when your gut says it's time..... saves a lot of troubles
I believe i've kitesurfed about 20 times since when i told you that
So new number is around 1020
And it's not hard to believe averaging 180 sessions / year...have done as high as 240 and as low as 160 over the years
Take care Dennis
"Don't be a menace" to your bars / lines

:cheers:

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:11 am

Sun,

you are absolutely right the average cumulative height is meaning less..
Some sessions I just hydrofoil in 8kts and do tiny jump transitions.. Other sessions I can get over 1K per session.. really depends on a wind, free time, etc.
The only point I was trying to make is that I do spend a lot of time on the water and with these particular kites.
Pullstrings,
In that other thread, you mentioned that you had 3600 sessions and now we are down to 1020?
You say that you have the old 2011 bar w/o titanium reinforcement plate and you have not broke that POS in 2 parts?
What kind of kiting do you do? 2 out of 2 people that had that bar on our beach broke it in 2 pieces and the second person can barely jump 5 meters...
No maintenance can help the issue with this particular year...it's just weak plastic that breaks a half..
You keep painting rosy picture but look around.. check out seabreeze and other local forums and see what others are saying about THE bar.

but this thread is not about the bar or me... its about bridle setup...
So when someone mentioned that 9m XR5 with a long bar and superfast setting is God-sent for megaloops I could not resist a bit of sarcasm.
Apologies for that...

Return to “Kitesurfing”