Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2019 Cab double agent

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1695
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Prodigy, 9.5m Prodigy, 12m Prodigy , 12m Flite, 17m Flite. Crazyfly Raptor Pro Neon, Shinnster,
Mako Duke.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

2019 Cab double agent

Postby matth » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Has anyone ridden the new Cabrinha foils? especially interested in the new RISE lift low aspect beginner wing.

HardyB
Rare Poster
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:17 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: Nobile, Slingshot, Naish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2019 Cab double agent

Postby HardyB » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Me too. I’d like to compare the Cab vs. Neil Pryde Glide surf in terms of beginner friendliness.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2852
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 120 and 135
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 set
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 13m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 2019 Cab double agent

Postby TomW » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:33 pm

I looked at it online. Really nice looking. I'd be concerned about a few things. The longest mast is 85cm. They should be offering 70 and 90-95. It's a compromise they offer.
The wing construction is basalt fiber with plastic perimeter. I'd be worried about those materials holding together over time, unproven construction. And repairs could be a nightmare.
You will damage your wing and need to fix it. It's pretty obvious they chose this construction to reduce labour and cost, with goal to improve durability. Might work, who knows?
Question is, you wanna be a beta tester?

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1695
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Prodigy, 9.5m Prodigy, 12m Prodigy , 12m Flite, 17m Flite. Crazyfly Raptor Pro Neon, Shinnster,
Mako Duke.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: 2019 Cab double agent

Postby matth » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:53 pm

TomW wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:33 pm
I looked at it online. Really nice looking. I'd be concerned about a few things. The longest mast is 85cm. They should be offering 70 and 90-95. It's a compromise they offer.
The wing construction is basalt fiber with plastic perimeter. I'd be worried about those materials holding together over time, unproven construction. And repairs could be a nightmare.
You will damage your wing and need to fix it. It's pretty obvious they chose this construction to reduce labour and cost, with goal to improve durability. Might work, who knows?
Question is, you wanna be a beta tester?

Isn't that the same construction Cab uses on their TTs ????

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2852
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 120 and 135
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 set
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 13m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 2019 Cab double agent

Postby TomW » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:52 pm

They are describing the wing construction...

User avatar
Cab Driver
Frequent Poster
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:12 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Location: Distributor/Cabrinha/Miami
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: 2019 Cab double agent

Postby Cab Driver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:04 pm

TomW wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:33 pm
I looked at it online. Really nice looking. I'd be concerned about a few things. The longest mast is 85cm. They should be offering 70 and 90-95. It's a compromise they offer.
The wing construction is basalt fiber with plastic perimeter. I'd be worried about those materials holding together over time, unproven construction. And repairs could be a nightmare.
You will damage your wing and need to fix it. It's pretty obvious they chose this construction to reduce labour and cost, with goal to improve durability. Might work, who knows?
Question is, you wanna be a beta tester?
Hi TomW. To counter a few of your opinions with facts, the HiRise: Lift is designed on the 85 mast, and is available to use both 60 and 40cm optional masts for learning. Normal optimum use is on 85cm mast. We have never designed around nor offered either 70cm or 90-95cm masts. Regarding wing construction, we are experts in basalt and wood having produced many years of twin tips in this construction. The discontinued double agent foil wing produced in 2016-2018 (note the board is still very much in the lineup) also was produced in composite wrapped wood and is not only light and durable, but it floats.

The Double Agent board is also a composite wrapped wood product and is extremely durable.

User avatar
Cab Driver
Frequent Poster
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:12 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Location: Distributor/Cabrinha/Miami
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: 2019 Cab double agent

Postby Cab Driver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:11 pm

matth wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:56 pm
Has anyone ridden the new Cabrinha foils? especially interested in the new RISE lift low aspect beginner wing.
Hi matth,

The HiRise: Lift isn't really a beginner wing. It can be used in that capacity, but think of it more as a maneuver oriented high lifting foil. We also offer the HiRise: Speed that has less lift, but carries more velocity. Both of these foils are at the sweet spot in the intermediate through expert range. For learning, I would recommend using a washer/shim on the rear wing rear screw to take the nose down slightly while learning. Learning on them won't be hard, but our discontinued foil from 2017-2018 was really one of the best entry level models for years and we went for more performance in 2019 and beyond. Consumers asked us for more performance. Have a great day and good luck with the decision.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1695
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Prodigy, 9.5m Prodigy, 12m Prodigy , 12m Flite, 17m Flite. Crazyfly Raptor Pro Neon, Shinnster,
Mako Duke.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: 2019 Cab double agent

Postby matth » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:20 pm

Cab Driver wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:11 pm
matth wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:56 pm
Has anyone ridden the new Cabrinha foils? especially interested in the new RISE lift low aspect beginner wing.
Hi matth,

The HiRise: Lift isn't really a beginner wing. It can be used in that capacity, but think of it more as a maneuver oriented high lifting foil. We also offer the HiRise: Speed that has less lift, but carries more velocity. Both of these foils are at the sweet spot in the intermediate through expert range. For learning, I would recommend using a washer/shim on the rear wing rear screw to take the nose down slightly while learning. Learning on them won't be hard, but our discontinued foil from 2017-2018 was really one of the best entry level models for years and we went for more performance in 2019 and beyond. Consumers asked us for more performance. Have a great day and good luck with the decision.
I pulled the trigger on the new lift with 40 and 60 mast, and DA.......I may try your advice on rear wing, does that create a little more drag to slow things down?

User avatar
Cab Driver
Frequent Poster
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:12 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Location: Distributor/Cabrinha/Miami
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: 2019 Cab double agent

Postby Cab Driver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:22 pm

matth wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:20 pm
Cab Driver wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:11 pm
matth wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:56 pm
Has anyone ridden the new Cabrinha foils? especially interested in the new RISE lift low aspect beginner wing.
Hi matth,

The HiRise: Lift isn't really a beginner wing. It can be used in that capacity, but think of it more as a maneuver oriented high lifting foil. We also offer the HiRise: Speed that has less lift, but carries more velocity. Both of these foils are at the sweet spot in the intermediate through expert range. For learning, I would recommend using a washer/shim on the rear wing rear screw to take the nose down slightly while learning. Learning on them won't be hard, but our discontinued foil from 2017-2018 was really one of the best entry level models for years and we went for more performance in 2019 and beyond. Consumers asked us for more performance. Have a great day and good luck with the decision.
I pulled the trigger on the new lift with 40 and 60 mast, and DA.......I may try your advice on rear wing, does that create a little more drag to slow things down?
Great choice. It does create drag, but it's not a lot. You should be fine on the 40 with one washer (stainless of course) for learning. Use the anti seize on the screws - salt, alloy, and other metals don't get along and you don't want the screws to seize. The 40 will give you the feeling of the wings under the board, which is weird, but you will get used to it and also get some foiling, but it's hard to have sustained rides on the foil. Graduating to the 60 will be liberating, then the 85 is amazing. Enjoy!

Skyski20
Rare Poster
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:51 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Eagle
Gear: NA
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2019 Cab double agent

Postby Skyski20 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Can the Hirise Lift be used as a wake foil behind a boat?


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests

cron