Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Gear: North Evo
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North Trust Bar 2015 back line adjuster plastic part

Postby MataLeao » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:23 am

The last time my girlfriend used her 2015 4 line North Trust Bar, the red side plastic part of the backline adjuster became loose. After landing, I noticed that the plastic part is slightly deformed, and won´t properly click into the top latch even when applying pressure. I noticed that there is a thin crack in the plastic part, though I can also find similar cracks on the blue side of the same bar and on my other Trust Bars of similar age without it being a problem. Here are
some pictures of the red side and the "normal" blue side.
NTB4.jpg
NTB5.jpg
NTB6.jpg
NTB7.jpg
NTB1.jpg
NTB2.jpg
NTB3.jpg
In my understanding, that plastic part coming undone is a potential hazard with the steering line potentially becoming asymmetrically adjusted. Is it possible to get a new plastic part? Unfortunately I don´t have a local North/Duotone dealer to ask.

On a side note, my girlfriends` and my North Bars were bought in April 2016 and have been used rather moderately and are in very good condition. Nevertheless, would you generally recommend not using a bar for more than a certain period of time?

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Firewire/Tomo Surfboards
Loyd Surfboards
Brand Affiliation: iKitesurf
Has thanked: 0

Re: North Trust Bar 2015 back line adjuster plastic part

Postby Da Yoda » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:19 pm

MataLeao wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:23 am
Is it possible to get a new plastic part? Unfortunately I don´t have a local North/Duotone dealer to ask.
They answer is yes! Duotone now sells parts directly around the globe.
https://shop.duotonesports.com/en-gb/home_kiteboarding

Looks like they're currently not available and it won't be the same colors, but here are the parts...
https://shop.duotonesports.com/en-gb/ba ... 4900--8143

Return to “Kitesurfing”