Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Enata bar and spreader bar...any reviews?

Forum for kitesurfers
jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Enata bar and spreader bar...any reviews?

Postby jakemoore » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 pm

downunder wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:50 am

Sorry sunshine, do you actually ride a bike with a bare carbon handle?
Who could imagine a cyclist purchasing a bar with a moulded EVA grip like the common kite bars? LOLOL

Sure many use grip tape or a grip that can be replaced. I'm fond of gauze hockey tape myself. One beauty of a naked bar is you can add grip if you want in the color and style you want. Or you can go naked.

xulpix
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Oka, Mont-tremblant, Quebec, Canada
Style: freeride
Gear: Flysurfer Soul 15-10-6m
Moses 101, 790 wing
Brand Affiliation: www.Kitexpress.ca
Has thanked: 0

Postby xulpix » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:31 am

Ok guys....I started that post to know who’s ever tried ENATA bar system.... not where can I have a carbon bar, not is that image of a bar is good, not how could we make what I see a less slipery bar grip....so :

IS THERE ANYBODY THAT TRIED THE ENATA BAR?

Thanks! :)

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:38 pm

I have the carbon bar and spreader.
i wanted it for lightweight travel..but the quick-release on the bar is the biggest benefit imo...effective yet super simple to use.

the bar is 60cm wide i believe.....but CRAZY light.
i havent weighed it but it *seems* more lightweight than my core sensor2 bar

I ordered the spreader bar in size small. i'm 175 pounds and my waist is 32... i've only used it with a drysuit(and layers) so i can't say if i would have been better off with their small or large sizes.
i use the spreader bar with a seat harness only so far... a Power Clip Lock Buckle or something similar would be nice to get it on/off quickly

I've used the bar with with 8-12m foil kites so far..
i got it with 15m lines(been using line extensions)
i have not been aggressive and attempt to sky with it (yet)
i used it both with enathas bar and attached to a rope slider

maybe i'm not most "handsy" with a control bar.. but EVA grips is not exactly something i ever thought about (or need)
the diameter is perfect for me and i have not noticed fatigue or anything.
frankly in my hands it feels no different as my trusty core sensor bar....except it is 60cm wide

also... the carbon FLOATS.
imo, all that excess material on a kitebar that already floats isnt necessary.

for the price.. i thought (and still think) this bar/spreader combo is a great value.

i love the bar so far (but i dont believe in limited use i can give an accurate review..maybe after the summer)
biggest negative is the complete lack of documentation..

roninXpl
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sopot, Poland
Gear: Core XR5 11m+9m, XR4 7m, Sensor 2S Pro, Carved Imperator VI, NHP Carbon Split, Airush Ultra II 12m, FS Speed2 13m.

Postby roninXpl » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:37 am

windmaker wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:47 pm
Same for me, have been riding bars with grip since 1999, tried a bare carbon bar last year and never looked back. Sure the feeling is personal and if sanded with 400 grade sand paper more slippy than eva but in a nice way. I ride almost everyday (surf/freestyle strapless and foil) all my bars (4) are now carbon. Never heard of anyone getting blisters and the light weight compared to a traditional bar (less than half) feels amazing.
Which bars do you use?

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:13 am

I get the blisters all the time, on FS bar. Which has awesome grip BUT it's not soft at all. That's related to the style more than anything else.

So, good luck.
Last edited by downunder on Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

roninXpl
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sopot, Poland
Gear: Core XR5 11m+9m, XR4 7m, Sensor 2S Pro, Carved Imperator VI, NHP Carbon Split, Airush Ultra II 12m, FS Speed2 13m.

Postby roninXpl » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:18 am

Guys, what are the carbon bars out there? :)

Maybe you can take the engineering nerd talk to PM as everyone can decide between grip or no grip. It’s not adding anything to the discussion besides we can see there are two opinions :) here, now you have third opponent :D

downunder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby downunder » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:23 am

Read again my post. Nothing to do with nerds...

Read again page one and see if sharp ends are compatible with your body parts ;)

downunder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby downunder » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am

evan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:20 am
downunder wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 am

Of course the blisters will not happen on a slippery surface, so there you go, sanded carbon IS a very, very slippery surface. Providing there is no death grip on the bar when you will get blisters:)

7C degrees riding in water which is the same? Whow. You guys are phenomenal. Does any of you jump over 10m, or do 720m rotations with a board off on any temp? If you do, you would know what kind of grip is needed on the bar for one hand board operation. Talk with the pros, if you don't trust me.
We don't judge you on your nick, but on your way of reasoning and stating completely wrong assumptions as truth.

I don't make assumptions, I actually test stuff and do make 720's in those temps where 10m is considered a medium to low jump height.
From that testing I concluded that sanded carbon is as slippery or grippy as any other bar on the market and that is is enough of an insulator to not feel cold on your hands.

If you cannot cope with those truths and still feel the need to win this discussion I wish you all the best luck in the world, but then I am out and try to remind myself to never get into an argument with you again.

To remind you: bare carbon bar does not give you blisters, is not too slippery and does not conduct heat like bare alumuminium.

It does get hot under your sun, but those are a different kind of blisters and you are free to paint them white, add griptape or just buy something else.

Evan,
I was replying to BayAreaKite on my above post, sorry. So, I can conclude that BayAreaKite IS involved with Enata, since did not bother to write otherwise.

Here you go, deleted all my critical comments. I'm sure it's a great bar.

Return to “Kitesurfing”