Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Dash

Forum for kitesurfers
longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Online kiteboard commenting, Fortnite.
Gear: World Sailing kite KOOKs. By kiters for kiters. #kitekooks

Re: Naish Dash

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:24 pm

The dice is completely different to the torch with its giant throw high depower. The dice has more uplift at a lower angle I found too... well I loaded up and did 100ft dangle raley by accident.. i usually ride torches.

The torches 5th line let's you tune the kite from a 2002 slingshot fuel or a worse.. to a fairly depowerable kite..

I just retuned my 5th line after it stretched.. tied like 8 knots in it yo test.. feels sooo much better.. I tied the main 5th line not the 5th attached to kite. You can use the knot on the kites 5th line as a larks head as well as a knot.

Everything stretches.. lines and kites too.. some kite canopies stretch a lot more than you would think over time.. good oldschool retuning helps

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Ludmil » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Surfboy, I did read your posts here and there...
I think the Dash is your kite if you like Torches. I switched to Dashes last year, now I got the new ones 19/20 and extended my quiver down to 8m. These kites are similar unhooked to Torch but much more accessible hooked + much floater hang.

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Brouwersdam/Vrouwenpolder/Oostvoorne/Krabbendijke, NL
Surfers Paradise, BE
Favorite Beaches: El Coche, Ras Sudr, Zanzibar
Style: Big Air, Freestyle
Gear: Naish kites, Nobile board, Mystic harnass and O’neill wetsuit.
Been thanked: 0

Postby SurfboY » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Ludmil wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:29 pm
Surfboy, I did read your posts here and there...
I think the Dash is your kite if you like Torches. I switched to Dashes last year, now I got the new ones 19/20 and extended my quiver down to 8m. These kites are similar unhooked to Torch but much more accessible hooked + much floater hang.
That’s what I think too, but not everybody is that enthusiastic about the Dash. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I know it’s marketing but if even Kevin Langereee chooses the Pivot over Dash..

Strekke
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: 2016 North Mono 12m, 2017 Naish Dash 10 & 8, 2018 Naish Slash 6 & 9, Firewire Vader, 5'2, 2017 F-One Acid, 2017 Sroka Freeride Foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Strekke » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:57 am

I own both. Dash v1 8m, Pivot 2018 7m.

Dash is more direct and crisp, very responsive, best ridden well powered up. In the right conditions rips you off the water more than the Pivot. Boosts to the moon if handled correctly. Loops quick and well. Overall it's a kite with great high performance but you have to know how to fly a kite to unlock its potential.

Pivot is more forgiving and easier to fly and jump with. Jumps are high but mellower and floatier. Sweet spot range is bigger. Barfeel and responsiveness are a bit toned down compared to the Dash, a bit more delayed and less direct. Loops are more pivotal.

Both are great kites but are just very different. In perfect conditions with flatish water and kickers and solid 25 knots, I prefer the Dash because you are in full control and it is such a beast in those conditions. In messy slop/chop and stormy/supergusty winds the Pivot is more accessible because it's easier to control and jump with (that's why I have the 7). If you are coming off Torches, I think you should get Dash. Or a combo - 9/8 Dash and 7 Pivot
These users thanked the author Strekke for the post:
tautologies (Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:25 am)
Rating: 10%

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Brouwersdam/Vrouwenpolder/Oostvoorne/Krabbendijke, NL
Surfers Paradise, BE
Favorite Beaches: El Coche, Ras Sudr, Zanzibar
Style: Big Air, Freestyle
Gear: Naish kites, Nobile board, Mystic harnass and O’neill wetsuit.
Been thanked: 0

Postby SurfboY » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:05 am

Ok great, that gives me a good idea of the differences between Torch/Dash. I thinking to start with a small kite 7m Pivot/Dash or even Dice and keep my Torches on the side.

Return to “Kitesurfing”