Favorite Beaches: Best wave spots in Ceará
Cape town
French Polynesia
Style: Strapless wave
Gear: More than 10 kites from different brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Join the cause - stop kite theft

Postby marioparacuru » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:19 pm

Yes I'm in touch with the developer. He's a kiter from Rio de Janeiro and the English version it's almost ready. There's also a few improvements.
These users thanked the author marioparacuru for the post:
Toby (Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:49 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Would be also useful for government to investigate grey dealers, collect sale tax from people selling kites privately and finding owners of runaway gear which runs up into property and causes damage.
Also some would be interested in mining of kiters data and what price dealers sell gear for (if price field is to be kncluded for insurance purposes)

Take Core kites - they don’t allow dealers to sell below MSRP so dealers can’t advertise prices they actually give to walk-in customers.

It’ll be fun to see data but some would hesitate to publish theirs.

kite_hh
Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha, North, own

Postby kite_hh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 pm

I think this is a fantastic idea.

It will also be helpful for rescue services, if gear is recovered. They can look up, who it belongs to and contact them to figure out if further rescue is necessary. (Of course they should be notified by whoever lost their kite, but you know how it is.)

Don't make this an app-only thing though. There is absolutely no reason to make this platform specific. Just use a website. It will make things a lot easier which is crucial.

Also, make it open source. You can get support from others and people will be more likely to trust with data. Finally use a language file, so translations can be easily added by the community. This will greatly improve acceptance.

Only an internationally accepted tool is useful.

Looking forward to seeing this thing in action!

kite_hh
Frequent Poster

Postby kite_hh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:27 pm

grigorib wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:17 pm
Would be also useful for government to investigate grey dealers, collect sale tax from people selling kites privately and finding owners of runaway gear which runs up into property and causes damage.
Also some would be interested in mining of kiters data and what price dealers sell gear for (if price field is to be kncluded for insurance purposes)

Take Core kites - they don’t allow dealers to sell below MSRP so dealers can’t advertise prices they actually give to walk-in customers.

It’ll be fun to see data but some would hesitate to publish theirs.
I would advise against the data leech approach. Keep it simple.

Require people to enter the serial and an email address only. Everything else should be optional. This builds trust.

kiteregapp
Rare Poster
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kiteregapp » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:44 am

Hey all...
I am the KiteReg app developer.
I upgraded the Android version and now there is a English language option. I will do the same with the iOS version this week.

Thanks

kiteregapp
Rare Poster

Postby kiteregapp » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:31 am

Toby wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:20 am
there you go. they should do it in english as well :thumb:
Its done !
The iOS version will be lauched in some days as well.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:12 am

What is a grey dealer?

kite_hh
Frequent Poster

Postby kite_hh » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:01 pm

App closes on data change (app crashes)
No log out possible.
No deletion of account possible.
Phone number entry is not necessary yet is asked for (well at least o e digits work).
No translation except English available.
App is unreliable/crashes.
Feedback only via mail possible.

At this point I unfortunately don't see any point using it. :-(

kiteregapp
Rare Poster

Postby kiteregapp » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:40 pm

kite_hh wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:01 pm
App closes on data change (app crashes)
No log out possible.
No deletion of account possible.
Phone number entry is not necessary yet is asked for (well at least o e digits work).
No translation except English available.
App is unreliable/crashes.
Feedback only via mail possible.

At this point I unfortunately don't see any point using it. :-(
First, thanks for the feedback.

1) I will check. Its happening just in the new version (with english). I will fix it today. I haven´t tested
2) I don´t see why exist a log out option. But in the future I can add ! Its very simple.
3) The same answer (2)
4) Phone number is not mandatory, but If the user wants to be contacted faster, it´s better has a number.
5) I work in a company and I have other jobs. I will add more languages but I don´t know how will be the acceptance. Nowadays, almost everyone (especially in "kite" world) know the basic of english.
6) Tell me about when its crashing. Here and with some friends its not crashing. If you report how happened the crash (phone used, function that happened, etc...) I can fix.
7) I´ve done the App by myself. E-mail is the fastest way to contact me, but if you need my number here it is (+5521979213444).

Like I said, I will fix the problems today ! The problem its happening in the new version because I have changed some things.

By the way, I am spending money with the app. So, I want to avoid crashs and bugs because I need that people use it. So, if you all find a bug or problem, PLEASE report as fast you can and I will fix it.

Thanks.

Return to “Kitesurfing”