Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Ozone Ozone Catalyst V2 - The Art of Progress

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:47 pm

Ozone News:

Ozone Catalyst V2 - The Art of Progress

ozone.png
ozone.png (480.59 KiB) Viewed 1184 times

The first thing you will notice is the V2 is very stable and predictable to launch, land and fly. It has “sheet in and go” power delivery, helping you to get up and ride easily.
The wide wind range and progressive de-power lets you ride in variable and gusty conditions comfortably. The updated airfoil section produces efficient power even when the kite is at the edge of the wind window, helping you to ride upwind, giving you more time to spend improving your skills!

A huge smile factor comes standard on the Catalyst V2 - it is a fun and easy kite to ride that will make your progression in the sport fast, safe and enjoyable. The predictable power and lift makes first jumps a breeze with easy loft, good hang time and smooth landings.

Making life easy the water re-launch is incredibly simple and intuitive due to its unique shape and increased leading edge tube diameter. By simply turning the bar or using the re-launch balls on the leader lines, the kite will easily roll over into the re-launch position ready to take off from the water.

Our time proven Front Line Flag Out release system is simple and effective, it is the same system featured on our entire water kite range. When the Click-in Loop is released the kite will flag out to one front line, immediately stopping all power delivery from the kite.

The Catalyst V2 is the choice for anyone getting into the sport or for riders looking for a fun, confidence inspiring kite with ease of use at its heart.

https://ozonekites.com/products/water-k ... talyst-v2/

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Ozone Catalyst V2 - The Art of Progress

Postby alford » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:55 pm

It would be so great to hear user thoughts/reviews on this kite other than the standard "it's a beginner's kite".

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:43 am

See what I mean? This has got to be the lightest kite in the world, because it is invisible. I don't think it actually exists.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:44 am

alford wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:55 pm
It would be so great to hear user thoughts/reviews on this kite other than the standard "it's a beginner's kite".
Yeah.

Obviously I don't know the v2, but kind of sad when I see experienced kiters tell beginners to stay away from the Catalyst because it is a "kite for beginners" and "you will quickly grow bored of it".

I love the Catalyst. I have seen too many times beginners losing confidence and failing to progress because they are stuck trying to water relaunch, kite keeps stalling when they are either on the beach or trying to find their position in the water before water starting etc. The Catalyst handles all these situations brilliantly (hopefully v2 even better). And how many really outgrow it? I have seen some excellent kiters doing fairly advanced stuff with the Catalyst. I'll argue 9 out of 10 people you see on a normal day on most kite spots have not outgrown the Catalyst.

I sold mine, but that was more down to wanting to try something new rather than it having becoming boring to use.

Return to “Kitesurfing”