Forum for kitesurfers
taabsr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: North orbit
Brand Affiliation: None

6 points on how to choose a kiteschool - 01 Location of the school

Postby taabsr » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:47 am

This is one of the things I found people struggle the most, choosing the right kite school. So I decided to make some videos with some tips that can help you select the right one or at least have a more informed decision. Check it out and let me know if you agree or not. And what other points you think are essential to consider?

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Re: 6 points on how to choose a kiteschool - 01 Location of the school

Postby knotwindy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Nice vid, clear and simple. Covers most of what I would tell a beginner.
One other thing I would say is to ask about and find a school that focuses more on safety & launching/landing than riding the board. I know everybody wants to get up and ride as fast as possible BUT as you said in the vid the most dangerous part is on the beach launching & landing. The biggest problems I see on any beach is people having almost no idea how to launch safely. Even ‘good’ riders don’t seem to know how a kite works and how to get into a safe position for themselves and their helper. Gets sketch fast so more time is needed in the lessons on this than ANY other aspect, imo.

taabsr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: North orbit

Re: 6 points on how to choose a kiteschool - 01 Location of the school

Postby taabsr » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:28 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:26 pm
Nice vid, clear and simple. Covers most of what I would tell a beginner.
One other thing I would say is to ask about and find a school that focuses more on safety & launching/landing than riding the board. I know everybody wants to get up and ride as fast as possible BUT as you said in the vid the most dangerous part is on the beach launching & landing. The biggest problems I see on any beach is people having almost no idea how to launch safely. Even ‘good’ riders don’t seem to know how a kite works and how to get into a safe position for themselves and their helper. Gets sketch fast so more time is needed in the lessons on this than ANY other aspect, imo.
Totally agree, I will make one specific video covering the launching and landing procedures and things to look for. Thanks for the feedback.

Return to “Kitesurfing”