Style: Unhooked
Gear: Switchkites Legacy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Woo3 and Nixon Mission

Postby trickcoach » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi ,

here is my story.

for my birthday (30th of March last year) got myself a woo3 and nixon mission watch to go with it ... everything worked perfect , installed woo app on my phone, paired it with the woo , wearOS told me to install the watch part of woo app , and all got together perfectly ...

early this year had to send my watch for repair as the charging pods wore off and the watch wouldn't charge anymore. after great customer service from Nixon got my watch back on Saturday.

here comes now trouble. woo app is installed on my phone but nowhere to be found on the watch either thru the wearOS playstore or within the "apps on the phone" to install on watch.

my phone and watches are up to date , woo app up to date.
20190317_103309.jpg
now playstore says app not compatible with nixon mission
FB_IMG_1552834650929.jpg
but woo clearly states it's compatible
FB_IMG_1552834643724.jpg
the fact that it worked in the past clearly shows a regression in the code?!?

anyone with similar issue or better with a workaround ?

geek section:
- tried to sideload woo apk directly on the watch => fail , I need the watch specific apk and not the full app
- unzipped the woo apk to try and find the wearable apk => fail as the way the app is coded there is no wearable apk within the full app only the dex files.

beng
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebel's

Re: Woo3 and Nixon Mission

Postby beng » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:38 am

I just had to sideload the woo (watch) app onto a Ticwatch S2, because I can not find the app on the wear os page anymore ???
You need a working woo {wear os) watch, from there you can pull the .apk. and then sideload it onto your watch.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:28 am

When you install Woo app on the phone it should automatically be installed to watch if there is a pairing. At least for me it works like that. If watch does not have woo app, then you could un-pair and re-pair watch and phone. On my watch "settings / un-pair with phone".. Then pair again and all relevant watch apps should be re-installed by phone's wearos support.

This is at least how I think it should work..

trickcoach
Medium Poster

Postby trickcoach » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am

anyone can extract the watch apk and send it to me ? thanks

Joris: there is a big difference between the way things should work and reality ... I think people at woo decided to write their code using their feet instead of their hands and that a monkey must have designed the app's architecture ...

beng
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebel's

Postby beng » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi trickcoach.

I will send it to you when I'm home. Now at work so it will take a bit, before i'm home.
I contacted the woo support and they can only give textbook answers, so for the moment no help there.
About a week ago I installed the app on my own watch (Ticwatch S2) no problems there. But when a few days ago I wanted to do the same one my girlfriends Ticwatch S2, the woo app for wear os was gone ????
These users thanked the author beng for the post:
fishyface (Fri May 31, 2019 11:23 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Dice2016
Rare Poster
Gear: 9m Dice 2016, 12m Vegas 2017
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dice2016 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi all,

any progress here?
inspired by the post above i also installed different versions of the woo sports app via adb on the Nixon Mission (A1167-001-00). Installation succeeded always and the app is in the list of installed apps. But starting the woo app on the watch fails (only a black screen for a moment) and pairing via the smartphones woo app fails as well. I did that with different Wear OS versions installed on the phone (2.9 and 2.22)

In addition: I looked into the woo apk and I found two dex files, assuming that the smaller one (classes2.dex) is the watch specific code. I replaced classes.dex by classes2.dex, changed the ./META-INF/MANIFEST.MF and ./META-INF/CERT.SF accordingly and recreated an apk. But here the installation fails due to signing issues. I have to say that I have no experience with Android systems. Maybe you have some additional ideas.

But if there is a watch specific apk and one can provide that, I would be also very interested ...

Best,
Michael

CaliRider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, Cotote Pt., Crissy
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui
Gear: Slingshot for all!

Postby CaliRider » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:01 pm

beng wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:02 pm
Hi trickcoach.

I will send it to you when I'm home. Now at work so it will take a bit, before i'm home.
I contacted the woo support and they can only give textbook answers, so for the moment no help there.
About a week ago I installed the app on my own watch (Ticwatch S2) no problems there. But when a few days ago I wanted to do the same one my girlfriends Ticwatch S2, the woo app for wear os was gone ????
don't hold your breath for any help. rumor is that leo is the only employee left at woo.

trickcoach
Medium Poster

Postby trickcoach » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:27 pm

thanks to @Benj managed to get it to work !!!

trickcoach
Medium Poster

Postby trickcoach » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:28 pm

Dice2016 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:03 pm
Hi all,

any progress here?
inspired by the post above i also installed different versions of the woo sports app via adb on the Nixon Mission (A1167-001-00). Installation succeeded always and the app is in the list of installed apps. But starting the woo app on the watch fails (only a black screen for a moment) and pairing via the smartphones woo app fails as well. I did that with different Wear OS versions installed on the phone (2.9 and 2.22)

In addition: I looked into the woo apk and I found two dex files, assuming that the smaller one (classes2.dex) is the watch specific code. I replaced classes.dex by classes2.dex, changed the ./META-INF/MANIFEST.MF and ./META-INF/CERT.SF accordingly and recreated an apk. But here the installation fails due to signing issues. I have to say that I have no experience with Android systems. Maybe you have some additional ideas.

But if there is a watch specific apk and one can provide that, I would be also very interested ...

Best,
Michael

try this :

These users thanked the author trickcoach for the post (total 3):
Sgallian (Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:50 am) • btp100 (Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:59 pm) • andreigapejev (Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:23 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

Dice2016
Rare Poster
Gear: 9m Dice 2016, 12m Vegas 2017
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dice2016 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:19 pm

You made my day. Works like charm ...

Return to “Kitesurfing”