Baptiste_FR
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Normandy
Style: Freeride
Gear: Slingshot Rally (12-9-7m²)

Re: Woo3 and Nixon Mission

Postby Baptiste_FR » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:00 pm

I also have a Polar M600 and I had to manually sideload the App to the watch.
In order to to that, I follow this very detailed video :

I did exactly what this guy says and it works perfectly. The only difference is you have to download the old version of the Woo App (before the March 2019 update) and not use the one currently on the PlayStore.

But from what I understood from the other Woo topic, Leo told us that they will release a new Androïd version of the App with the same feature than the Apple one. Therefore, the compatibility with Wear OS watch should be back (I hope).

paascal
Rare Poster
Local Beach: oka
Favorite Beaches: cayo guillermo
Gear: evo 8 12
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby paascal » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:36 pm

where can i get the latest apk for woo app for android watch?

thanks

vol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa Spain
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa Spain, Prassonisi Rhodes, Brazil Taiba-Cumbucu-Paracuru
Style: hydrofoil, bigair, freestyle
Gear: Saul Custom Boards

Postby vol » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:38 am

phish wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:44 pm
Hi, everyone. I have POLAR m600 watch and since I bought it in april I coud't find woo app in wear OS play market. I wrote to woo supprt several times and they told me that they are working on it... Now it's June and thу issue still exists.

A couple of days ago a friend of mine told me how to insatll the APK file and pair the woo and the watches. And i will just post it here hope that someone needs it ))

1. Download the archive of tools for debugging androids https://yadi.sk/d/QHm_OBmsz_x4uA
I put woo.apk there also. To make it easier.

2. open access to the developers menu on the clock. To do this, go to Settings - System - About the system (I have such a menu on my POLAR M600, you may have slightly different on different models). You tap on the serial number 7 times and the developer mode will become available to you (if this doesn't work out, you can search Google on how to turn it on on your watch)

3. Go to Settings - For developers and enable debugging using ADB

4. Wire the clock to the computer via USB cable

5. in the console (command line tool in Windows) , go to the unpacked archive folder (cd {where was unpacked} / platform-tools /)

6. type the command "adb install woo.apk"

if there are no errors in the console - check the presence of woo on the clock and disable debugging via ADB
Then just pair the watch and the phone like it's shown in the woo official video.

That it ))

Hope that will help and sorry for my English
thanks!!!
works with Nixon Mission too just via debug ower WIFI
c:\woo>adb connect 192.168.1.42:5555 (check your watch ip via developer mode- debug ower wifi)
c:\woo>adb install woo.apk

mattazh
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: kite
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mattazh » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:39 am

aleks wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:08 am
mattazh wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:41 am
I have also got Polar M600. I have tried to solve the issue with the woo, but did not so far.
Hi, I'll have a Woo Screen app ready for Android Wear watches in a week or. It will be included with this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .wooscreen

Hi Alex,
I have downloaded your app, however it is missing a few things, such as time in 24 hour format and a screen lock for the watch.
I have not tested the app in the water yet, I hope it is good.

aleks
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ontario
Gear: RDB, Elf
Brand Affiliation: WOO, RDB, Elf

Postby aleks » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:17 pm

mattazh wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:39 am
aleks wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:08 am
mattazh wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:41 am
I have also got Polar M600. I have tried to solve the issue with the woo, but did not so far.
Hi, I'll have a Woo Screen app ready for Android Wear watches in a week or. It will be included with this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .wooscreen

Hi Alex,
I have downloaded your app, however it is missing a few things, such as time in 24 hour format and a screen lock for the watch.
I have not tested the app in the water yet, I hope it is good.
Thanks mattazh. After some water testing by Vol and myself, I changed the app to restrict exit while WOO is in recording mode.

Adding 24 hours option for the time isn't too hard, but I'm hesitant to overload the app with settings. If there is much demand for it, I can certainly add it.

aleks
Frequent Poster

Postby aleks » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:49 am

I recently published a major update to the Woo Screen watch app. I re-worked control logic to eliminate any accidental exits - now the only way to exit is through a power button. If your watch has extra non-power buttons, you can exit by long pressing any of them.

Also I made a big break through on water handling. Now when you submerge the watch in water, the screen doesn't turn off, but goes to ambient mode instead (a little dimmer, but still on). I hide bottom fields on display to indicate that watch is in ambient mode. Jumps will still show up, but might be delayed. To wake the watch up, tilt it or touch the screen. You have to enable screen Always-on in watch's settings for ambient mode to work.

I had several sessions on water and on snow with a watch, made updates to any issues I encountered. Last session was perfect - 2.5 hours, 199 jumps - zero issues :D
These users thanked the author aleks for the post (total 2):
vol (Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:41 am) • Guttorm (Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:50 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

vol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa Spain
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa Spain, Prassonisi Rhodes, Brazil Taiba-Cumbucu-Paracuru
Style: hydrofoil, bigair, freestyle
Gear: Saul Custom Boards

Postby vol » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:47 am

aleks wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:49 am
I recently published a major update to the Woo Screen watch app. I re-worked control logic to eliminate any accidental exits - now the only way to exit is through a power button. If your watch has extra non-power buttons, you can exit by long pressing any of them.

Also I made a big break through on water handling. Now when you submerge the watch in water, the screen doesn't turn off, but goes to ambient mode instead (a little dimmer, but still on). I hide bottom fields on display to indicate that watch is in ambient mode. Jumps will still show up, but might be delayed. To wake the watch up, tilt it or touch the screen. You have to enable screen Always-on in watch's settings for ambient mode to work.

I had several sessions on water and on snow with a watch, made updates to any issues I encountered. Last session was perfect - 2.5 hours, 199 jumps - zero issues :D
Confirm, I had a sesh yesterday with woo screen app works perfect 👌
These users thanked the author vol for the post:
aleks (Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:46 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

aleks
Frequent Poster

Postby aleks » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:24 pm

A few people contacted me about not seeing jumps in the app while they are testing it. That is most likely because test throws of Woo are not recognized as jumps. Here are a few pointers.

Make sure your Woo is in Big Air mode - Airstyle mode is not supported.
Until you have some jumps reported by Woo, you won't see any data in the app (except for time).
Simulating a jump on Woo is not easy - it takes many attempts before Woo considers something a jump. You can throw it up in the air - usually takes a few minutes before Woo registers a throw as a jump. I had better results holding Woo in my hand, rotating the whole arm couple times, then slapping the Woo on my knee or another hand. It doesn't work every time either though.

To check that watch didn't miss anything, you can open official Woo app and try to download a session. If there is nothing there, then Woo didn't register any jumps, so there was nothing to show on the watch.

During a session you won't have any problems like this - Woo registers real jumps much better than the fake ones :D

I made a short demo video on Nixon Mission. Had to re-shoot the video many times before I managed to make Woo record a jump in a reasonable time :lol: . You can see me in the reflection on the watch's face, slapping the Woo on my hand :D

aleks
Frequent Poster

Postby aleks » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:46 pm

aleks wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:24 pm
Make sure your Woo is in Big Air mode - Airstyle mode is not supported.
I had some time to test Woo in different modes. Turns out that data sent by Woo in other modes is very similar to Big Air. Seems like in Freestyle and Wake modes WOO still sends jump height the same way. In Freestyle it just registers jumps under 1 meter too.

WOO Snow mode is different - instead of jump height WOO probably sends trick points or something else. If anyone is interested in the Snow mode, I could try to figure it out and display correctly.

So, now the recommendation for using Woo Screen app is slightly different:
- Big Air mode is recommended
- Freestyle and Wake modes work for height, hang time, and G-force. Correctness of the data is not tested or guaranteed though.
- Snow mode produces some very high numbers in the height field (like 250). At the moment this mode is not supported by Woo Screen.

Return to “Kitesurfing”