Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Nobile Infinity Split board: foam cover comes off partially

Postby deniska » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:56 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:47 am
I have asked guy from Nobile to comment on the above and they believe that hydrofoil wing has hit something hard, other wise from landing it shouldn't fell of. Unlike with TT when riding foil you have to be more careful what is below water surface?
If you talking about my lost foil, I can assure you that I did not hit anything underwater on the day I lost it.
I had to kick off the foil in the air on a rather small jump (maybe 4-5m) when my front foot came out of a strap.
The rig hit water and when I body dragged back - it was just a board.
Obviously, it's your call to believe me or go with Nobile rep's explanation.
One of previous posters is also right that you can in fact trash any foil rig with some radical riding..
However, I also have experience with 2 setups from slingshot, and, believe me when I say that they had WAY more abuse and remained strong and undamaged.
My learning setup, used SS HG with alienair, survived for 1 exciting year of running in to fixed objects, fish, bad jumping attempts, etc, and it's now enjoyed by his 3rd (maybe 4th owner) after I sold it.
I currently have SS Ghostwhisper with Hypermiler and trust me when I say that it has seen much bigger airs and harder crashes (against water).. still going strong after 40 sessions with me and who knows how many with previous owner. here is typical crash with GW from 2 weeks ago :-)
foil_down.jpg
The Nobile split was bought new and showed some glue problems (mat coming off), rust on base plate (I actually claimed warranty on that) and final inserts issue after less than 20 sessions.. Would it be just one of those things, I'd say sure.. shit happens.. but all of them together spells bad quality, in my book.
Too bad as I actually liked the portability and still sort of nostalgic about it :-(
34105181_2008027775876356_7112341988204085248_n.jpg
34105181_2008027775876356_7112341988204085248_n.jpg (22.22 KiB) Viewed 439 times

Miltsface
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Miltsface » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:01 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:16 am
it would be great to hear from Nobile if there addressed issue for this board in 2019 model. After my trip to cape verde with NHP split I was looking forward to add wave/foil split board as packing everything to Nobile check in in luggage it very convenient but due to the above I'm putting this decision on hold
SolarSet, I'm looking at getting an NHP split for my wife (I already have a Newind split). From pics/videos, the board looks like it has a ton of rocker. while this has it's advantages, I'm worried that it will require more power to get going, which would be a negative at her level. Any thoughts on this?

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:15 pm

Miltsface wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:01 pm
SolarSet wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:16 am
it would be great to hear from Nobile if there addressed issue for this board in 2019 model. After my trip to cape verde with NHP split I was looking forward to add wave/foil split board as packing everything to Nobile check in in luggage it very convenient but due to the above I'm putting this decision on hold
SolarSet, I'm looking at getting an NHP split for my wife (I already have a Newind split). From pics/videos, the board looks like it has a ton of rocker. while this has it's advantages, I'm worried that it will require more power to get going, which would be a negative at her level. Any thoughts on this?
Rocker is medium not high in my opinion. Yes you need more power to go on board with higher rocker but advantage is, its better in choppy water and gives softer landing than flatter board. If you are concerned about needing more power get a split of higher size than she would normally ride.

Return to “Kitesurfing”