Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wave kite size recommendation

Forum for kitesurfers
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Wave kite size recommendation

Postby iriejohn » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:11 pm

Pana wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:41 pm
Kitemanmuc, you did not detail your weight.

I ride with a tt and at 88 kg (200 pounds) in 18-25 kt i choose 9 or 10 depending on specific conditions. Sharing a quiver with my gf we have every meter between 6 and 10 Ozone Enduros that we ride in wave mode in the surf. 8 as a single quiver would be too small and 10 too much of a compromise for the better wave riding conditions, so 9 is the winner.

One thing I like about the enduro is that i can shift to freeride setting to get a bit more punch if the wind drops. Still plenty of depower available and slack line turning remains acceptable. Not as sweet as a Reo but quite close. Mind you the Reos also have a bridal adjustment option now. Perhaps you would also appreciate the freestyle setting on the Enduro for lofting around, and gain more use of the kite.

Food for though
Agree with you. I'm 82/83kg and on a Lieuwe Shotgun 136x40.5 the usable wind range for the 10m is about 18-25 knots and the sweet spot about 20-23 knots. I have Enduro V2 6/8/10/12 and sometimes change to the freestyle setting (mostly on the 12m when the wind is a bit light) but I prefer the freeride setting tbh.

Return to “Kitesurfing”