nayy
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Strutless Gong Kite Reviews?

Postby nayy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:46 am

lightwind wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi Nayy,

Thanks for the review. Nice to hear that kite is stable in lulls. I'm on the almost same number of sessions as you are, was on the winter break and will start foiling in one month again. Can you comment on the fluttering in the transitions? I have similar wind conditions in my home spot, just without swell. What is your weight? I'm 75 kg and considering buying 10 m kite and line extensions up to 30 m. If you go for more sessions please post experience.

Cheers
The kite has some flutter when you depower it, I think it is just something to live with, with strutless kites... you just hear it, cannot feel it in the bar... If I have to choose between fluttering or a stalling kite I know what to choose :-)
(btw: my ozone 9 in 30 knots gusts had also a lot of fluttering when I depowered yesterday :-))

I'm 83 kg now without gear, with my 6 mm winter wetsuit, cap, boots, gloves, harness and some water you can probably add 5 kg :-).

Your foil also makes a big difference... is it a light-wind foil, beginner foil, or more advanced and smaller foil ?

nayy

lightwind
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Velika plaza, Ulcinj
Gear: Cabrinha Contra 13m, Epic Screamer 10m LTD, CF Tango 9m, North Vegas 10, CF Raptor Pro, RRD K-free 60
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Strutless Gong Kite Reviews?

Postby lightwind » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:52 am

nayy wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:46 am
lightwind wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi Nayy,

Thanks for the review. Nice to hear that kite is stable in lulls. I'm on the almost same number of sessions as you are, was on the winter break and will start foiling in one month again. Can you comment on the fluttering in the transitions? I have similar wind conditions in my home spot, just without swell. What is your weight? I'm 75 kg and considering buying 10 m kite and line extensions up to 30 m. If you go for more sessions please post experience.

Cheers
The kite has some flutter when you depower it, I think it is just something to live with, with strutless kites... you just hear it, cannot feel it in the bar... If I have to choose between fluttering or a stalling kite I know what to choose :-)
(btw: my ozone 9 in 30 knots gusts had also a lot of fluttering when I depowered yesterday :-))

I'm 83 kg now without gear, with my 6 mm winter wetsuit, cap, boots, gloves, harness and some water you can probably add 5 kg :-).

Your foil also makes a big difference... is it a light-wind foil, beginner foil, or more advanced and smaller foil ?

nayy
I have freeride foil, something like moses fluente. Not for super light wind as I understand. I will try this summer with this setup and maybe for next season will buy surf wing for extra lift in light wind. Yesterday I ordered size 10, V3 gong strutless and 10 m line extensions. I’ve been said that 12 is geting overpowered too soon. Wind is strange in my town, it’s a bay and it’s gusty, 7-15 knots. We will see, can’t wait to try beginning of June. Will post impressions.

Return to “Kitesurfing”