Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moto, Evo or Pivot ?

Postby Exal » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:54 pm

rleshem wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:34 am
So I bought the 2019 12m pivot and had it out for a few session. I am really enjoying the kite on a twintip - fast turning really nice jumping and lift and just so intuitive and well behaved on tricks.

The bar pressure on turning is much lighter than my switchblade(I have it on lightest setting) . I do find however that I have to exert more force to keep the bar pulled in to get power from the kite. The switchblades were easier on that front. Is anyone else experiencing that ? My arms start to get fatigued from constantly maintaining that pull. I fly the kite on a cabrinha trimlight bar with low v and equal lines.

I was planning on getting a 9 or 10m and was wandering if the hard pull exists on them as well.

Thanks
Try a 2019 evo in 12m and compare them. I thought the evo would've been exactly what you wanted.

Little edit: just curious about what you'd think.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:30 pm

The evo, especially in the most rearward rear line position has relatively light bar pressure.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Exal wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:54 pm
So I bought the 2019 12m pivot and had it out for a few session. I am really enjoying the kite on a twintip - fast turning really nice jumping and lift and just so intuitive and well behaved on tricks.

The bar pressure on turning is much lighter than my switchblade(I have it on lightest setting) . I do find however that I have to exert more force to keep the bar pulled in to get power from the kite. The switchblades were easier on that front. Is anyone else experiencing that ? My arms start to get fatigued from constantly maintaining that pull. I fly the kite on a cabrinha trimlight bar with low v and equal lines.

I was planning on getting a 9 or 10m and was wandering if the hard pull exists on them as well.

Thanks
So, on the Pivot, you can adjust the bar pressure. If you move the backlines all the way out, it will lower the bar pressure pretty significantly. Not to the point where you can't feel the kite at all, but it does make it lighter. That said, I am used to the pressure and I love that I can feel exactly where the kite is. In what wind speed did you get that?

Exal
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:12 pm

purdyd wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:30 pm
The evo, especially in the most rearward rear line position has relatively light bar pressure.
Yeah my 12m on middle settings is really soft on the bar. Changing that to the soft setting, I didn't try it yet because I thought that will be too little for me 😂 Although in my last 13 to 16 knot session I would've liked to try that setting to speed the kite up a bit, well next time. Great kite, I am a big fan.

@taut you quoted my name by mistake, not sure if he'll see it.

rleshem
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby rleshem » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:38 pm

I was riding in 20mph gusting to 25.

rleshem
Medium Poster

Postby rleshem » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:48 pm

I had the back lines on the lightest bar pressure setting.

lucas33
Rare Poster
Style: KiteWave | Hooked Freestyle | Big Air
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby lucas33 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:47 pm

I tried Moto 12, Nexus 12 and Evo 10, which fall into the same target group. Unfortunately, I had different sizes and conditions to try them.

The Evo 10m 2018 around 14 knots was super fast, I felt it wanted to loop when I was just turning it (felt super easy to kiteloop), light bar pressure (I'm used to Cabrinha kites) and nimble feeling, somehow different for jumping, maybe I have to get used.

The Moto 12m, it was 15-18knots, stormy, which I never felt overpowered or gusting, a little nimble feeling, I would say excellent hang time, medium bar pressure compared to Evo.

The Nexus 12 it was at about 12 knots and with a surfboard, which worked very well compared to my drifter 11 for those conditions. A super stable kite that I almost felt it put itself in the right place in the wind window.

I feel you can't go wrong with all these 3 kites.

Please, if someone compared them in the same sizes and conditions, it would be great to hear.

rleshem
Medium Poster

Postby rleshem » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:39 am

I had a few sessions on the 2019 12m pivot and also bought the 10m 2020.

I am really enjoying these kites especially the 10m. The bar pressure is much lighter on the 2020 10m. I have used them on strapless surfboard and boosting on twintip and they really excel at both. Good range, good gust management, easy to fly and fast turning.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Been thanked: 0

Postby clint2070 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:56 am

Pivots are the best kites I've flown but I haven't got the 2020s yet. Are they much different ?

rleshem
Medium Poster

Postby rleshem » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:37 am

I don’t know if they are much different since this is the first 10m Pivot I am flying. The inflation is certainly better ( similar to other brands now) than the octopus where you have close valves before inflation.

Return to “Kitesurfing”