Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Bernie Hiss: 18 years powering Core and Carved Customs with a never-ending passion for wind and waves

Forum for kitesurfers
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Bernie Hiss: 18 years powering Core and Carved Customs with a never-ending passion for wind and waves

Postby Toby » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:34 am

Core News:

core.jpg
core.jpg (107.71 KiB) Viewed 750 times

Dear CORE-Fans,

The last 18 years building CORE and Carved Customs have been a dream. A dream powered by a passion for wind and waves that's left me grateful and fulfilled. Grateful to have met all the wonderful people and cultures who all live for the same idea: To enjoy the endless freedom on the water, no matter if it is big air jumps, ripping waves or just cruising down your favorite shoreline. You forget about life and live the moment.

Work is not becoming less when you lead a fast-growing enterprise. A start-up - at least that's how I considered it. Managing 27 staff, perfecting products, and marketing them successfully in 70 countries required a lot of energy from me as a quality-fanatic. At home, my four kids and wonderful wife wait for their father who would like to have a day with 48 hours. If I could divide myself into four I would be on the water the whole day, give my all at work, be a good father, and hang out with my buddies. Just complaining on a high level.

As a perfectionist, you can never really let go or compromise. Or you'll sell out your life's work. It's just the way it is. So, this sabbatical year I've been thinking about for years begins now.

My longtime managers Jochen Czwalina and Philip Schinnagel will lead CORE Kiteboarding going forward. They have been with us since the beginning and were instrumental in our sales growth. They head Operations including purchasing, logistics, customer service, sales, accounting, human resources, IT, marketing and production. The CORE team remains unchanged, and our development, marketing and sales staff stay in place. Of course, the long-term relationships we've built with our partners will continue.

I'd like to thank all the loyal CORE-Fans, dealers and importers in 70 countries for their never-ending support. I can't forget to thank my valued, caring employees, suppliers and service providers, the team riders and friends who have been with me all these years, my wife who endured so far and also the competitors for the always respectful and fair time with me.

Now, I finally have more time to do what I love: go kiting! And as a close consultant I continue to strengthen products and image of CORE on the market.

I can't wait to see you on the water!

Bernie Hiss

Return to “Kitesurfing”