Forum for kitesurfers
alford
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best bar ever made? LF Mission V3

Postby alford » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:10 pm

Dylan, agree about that 2012ish Cab QR, difficult to reset sitting on the couch!
To me things like this speak volumes about the brand's design philosophy vs using frequently.
I have no experience with Velcro style QR, in a way it seems dead simple, how reliable were they?
Velcro on the trim strap is better than the little magnets. I like the idea of the type where trim line runs through handle, like Switch has.

alford
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best bar ever made? LF Mission V3

Postby alford » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:15 pm

OzBungy wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:40 am
It looks functionally pretty much the same as the Cabrinha Trimlite bars.

Apart from being very nice bars, it's easy to inspect and change the depower lines. It's also easy to make new leaders and a longer trim line so you can make a race bar for foiling.

I don't like the "sausage" style float. They can wrap around the bar and can trap the leader line from the other side.

The velcro on the cleat to hold the trim handle is a bit of a joke. I have never seen any of those systems work. The handle ends up flopping about. The Cabrinha bungy trim line works ok. I have had good result from using a handle that can be opened and placed around the depower line. That keeps the trim line tidy and easily accessible.

The one thing I don't like is the use of bungy cord in the safety line. I have never seen a bungy cord that lasts more than one deployment on the safety. They also look ratty after a few hours use. I make my own non-bungy safety lines and they work fine and last forever. The weight of the leash pulls the slack out the bottom when riding with the trimmer pulled.
Great point about making your own safety line. The Ozone bungee is excellent vs SS for example but will try splicing up my own non bungee version.

Return to “Kitesurfing”