Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

easily reset chickenloops

Forum for kitesurfers
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: easily reset chickenloops

Postby Faxie » Wed May 22, 2019 11:35 am

mr_daruman wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:02 am
People dont seem to realize this. To reset the ozone release you just insert the buckle in, like a seat belt. No pushing up on the release to lock it in. Very fast and cant imagine something any easier.
In a few years this type of system will probably be standard for all kite makers.
Reliable release should always be the focus. A safety that releases when you accidentally touch it is NOT safe.

Simple reset is a bonus. And a mostly unneccesary one.

mr_daruman
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Okinawa beaches
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
New Caledonia
Canaries
Style: Surfkite
Gear: Switch
Ozone
Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Jimmy Lewis, Infinity
Has thanked: 0

Postby mr_daruman » Wed May 22, 2019 3:57 pm

I completely agree. Over a year riding, couple times week, with the new system haven't had a single accidental release. I only surfkite in big swell though, I dont mega loop.
Still nice to know that if you need to quick release for whatever reason, you can easily reset with one hand very quickly.
Maybe all makers should include "safe to kiteloop" ? and include videos of riders looping all day with their hands close to the release and see what happens. Mistake by the rider imho.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Wed May 22, 2019 9:31 pm

mr_daruman wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:57 pm
I completely agree. Over a year riding, couple times week, with the new system haven't had a single accidental release. I only surfkite in big swell though, I dont mega loop.
Still nice to know that if you need to quick release for whatever reason, you can easily reset with one hand very quickly.
Maybe all makers should include "safe to kiteloop" ? and include videos of riders looping all day with their hands close to the release and see what happens. Mistake by the rider imho.
I have the Kiteattitude AKA release, and I've tried to activate it by pushing hard and up with the side of my hand below the ridge (which is as big as on the Ozone release), and it won't budge a millimeter. If I grab it and push it up, releases effortlessly. Yes, it needs some force, but it's not like you're pushing up 20kg's. We're not made from pudding are we?

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:40 am

I had an accident the other day. Nothing to do with the release on my bar. Foot fell out my board on the way down from a jump. When the foot out the board hit the water it stopped dead while the foot in the board landed on the surface and kept going along with the kite pulling in 26 knots of wind. I did the splits big time and tore all the muscles in my right thigh. Luckily I was in my depth. I pulled my release instantly on crashing purposefully which worked fine, While I sorted myself out. I was in agony and could barely walk on the leg that didn’t pull. Trying to pull the safety line back in was a huge struggle. Trying to reset the stupid chicken loop while injured and struggling to hold the safety line long enough as the kite is pulling against you with all its might even though it’s back is in the wind was extremely bloody difficult and I couldn’t manage it. I ended up having to pull the kite to me which took ages and turning it upside down and carry it back. I have seen the click operate and it is the future and safest reset system out there. Pulling that stupid red hat back to fix a north, old ozone or any of the other iron heart type releases is not easy in strong winds without being injured but when the sh•t really hits the fan and you get injured that little click can be what saves you! I have no idea if the red hat needs to be re-examined on the new click bars but their chicken loop reset system is the best and safest on the market and will be the future of all bars for sure! The iron heart type sucks in comparison.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Sun May 26, 2019 4:56 am

This is to funny

You guys really think that one hand operation is possible to reset this bar? Or any bar?

Yes, its easier, but will never be a one hand action.

Who do we kidding...

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Sun May 26, 2019 4:59 am

Ozone Kites AUS wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 am
downunder wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 am
Ozone Kites AUS wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 am

Hey there angryman did you ever think that it was just an accident? Here's proof.

Hey mate, maaaaate

you live in Australia, right?

So tell me this mate, if you just "touched" your car brakes and they block immediately, resulting in a crash, you would be the first one on the TV news winging how unsafe that XYZ car is!

Requesting immediate recall and possibly a BIG, and I mean HUGE insurance claim. No?

Righto. Think about that for a sec objectively. *If* you can be objective on the subject. I mean, no one can take you seriously if you talking in the name of Ozone.

And you are talking as Ozone, or pretending to. Bad for business, real bad. Bad PR for Ozone. Really.

See, just trying to help Ozone dig from this rabbit hole.
Yeah mate, as my profile name suggests I'm Ozone Kites Australia, as in I'm the importer and distributor of Ozone downunder. I'm not hiding anything.
You can touch the Ozone V4 Click in loop red release as much as you want, it will not release unless you deliberately or accidentally push it up. Your car analogy just does not make sense to me sorry.
The release works 100% every time you push up that red release hat, its AFNOR tested and certified.

Which analogy do you need?

Yep, we all see how the release was pushed up.

Remember, Takata air bag was certified ;) How's that analogy?

I would be very careful with posting anything in the Ozone name. Unless approved from the HQ.

And till now, there was no HQ response. Bad PR.

Got 4 kites from Ozone. Plus heaps before. So...

Return to “Kitesurfing”