Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What's the durability of Cabrinha Fireball with lots of big air, anyone tried it with Core bar?

Forum for kitesurfers
roninXpl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Sopot, Poland
Gear: Core XR5 11m+9m, XR4 7m, Sensor 2S Pro, Carved Imperator VI, NHP Carbon Split, Airush Ultra II 12m, FS Speed2 13m.
Brand Affiliation: None

What's the durability of Cabrinha Fireball with lots of big air, anyone tried it with Core bar?

Postby roninXpl » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:01 pm

As in the subject, thanks :thumb:

I'm anxious of this little ball falling apart mid-air.
Has anyone tried marrying Fireball and Core Sensor2 PRO bar?

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Re: What's the durability of Cabrihna Fireball with lots of big air, anyone tried it with Core bar?

Postby foilholio » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:20 pm

My boyfriend says it's too small. My girlfriend says it's interesting. A German would probably implant it in his bar.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; SPI; La Ventana
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/91/105cm masts 590/683s/633 wings, Tim's 36" "woody", Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Stringy's 743 custom surf fuselage for 633/683S/790/873

Re: What's the durability of Cabrihna Fireball with lots of big air, anyone tried it with Core bar?

Postby grigorib » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:53 pm

roninXpl wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:01 pm
As in the subject, thanks :thumb:

I'm anxious of this little ball falling apart mid-air.
Has anyone tried marrying Fireball and Core Sensor2 PRO bar?
I think Nick Jacobsen rode (had to ride?) it for KOTA few years back. At least he was on podium with the fireball spreader bar.

I hope Cabrinha kicked ass of the genius who pushed the idea of proprietary, right-off-the-bat complicated and bulky setup to eventually become waste of money.
And all Cabrinha riders must have pull the tab.

Kite manufacturers should be hiring climbing gear guys as designers/engineers

"Life's too short for proprietary solutions"

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Firewire/Tomo Surfboards
Loyd Surfboards
Brand Affiliation: iKitesurf
Has thanked: 0

Postby Da Yoda » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:29 pm

grigorib wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:53 pm
Kite manufacturers should be hiring climbing gear guys as designers/engineers
+1
I used to work for some of the top climbing manufactures and I've been saying for over a decade that the kite industry needs to step up their game and get on the same level as the climbing industry. The current acceptance level is so subpar for the various aspects of our sport.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: What's the durability of Cabrinha Fireball with lots of big air, anyone tried it with Core bar?

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:30 pm

I've always wondered if the ball would break, but the only time I've heard of a broken Fireball was the rope between the ball and QR hook under the tube breaking
These users thanked the author Kamikuza for the post:
roninXpl (Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:13 am)
Rating: 10%

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17, Flite 12, Prodigy 9.5, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing, Mako 150, Slingshot FSurf
Brand Affiliation: XL Kites

Re: What's the durability of Cabrinha Fireball with lots of big air, anyone tried it with Core bar?

Postby SENDIT! » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:48 pm

I'm 230 lbs and like riding overpowered for going big. I've used the Fireball set up quite a bit over the last couple of years, both in teaching and riding on my own. I've never had an issue with anything breaking on it. I really do think it's superior to the chickenloop for pretty much everything except unhooking. Rope Sliders are a separate story and think sliders are superior for anything going toeside (I pretty much never use anything else when foiling now), b/c it allows you to change the center of pull to your hip. That fireball setup is safer than the chickenloop b/c you CANNOT foul hook on the fireball. I just wish Cabrinha would license the FB to everyone else so we could get some movement away from the standard loop/hook connection. That would still allow for loops for those that unhook, sliders for those that want them, and FB for those that never unhook. Just makes sense, IMHO.
These users thanked the author SENDIT! for the post:
roninXpl (Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:12 am)

roninXpl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Sopot, Poland
Gear: Core XR5 11m+9m, XR4 7m, Sensor 2S Pro, Carved Imperator VI, NHP Carbon Split, Airush Ultra II 12m, FS Speed2 13m.

Postby roninXpl » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:13 am

Thanks, SENDIT!!
So if you change to a rope it means you have another bar or do you use some adapter?

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17, Flite 12, Prodigy 9.5, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing, Mako 150, Slingshot FSurf
Brand Affiliation: XL Kites

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:57 pm

roninXpl wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:13 am
Thanks, SENDIT!!
So if you change to a rope it means you have another bar or do you use some adapter?
No, for riding with a slider I have another control bar. I think you could make an adapter using some line/rings if you wanted to...I've seen guys smarter than I am showing off their DIY efforts here and some of them look pretty good. I also feel pretty certain that someone will come along and offer a way to go from rope slider, to chicken loop, to whatever...quickly and easily. There's just too many of us shifting from one to another to ignore the need. Now, having said that, if I weren't having to switch bars with people all the time teaching, I could probably get along just fine with a rope slider for everything I'm doing.
These users thanked the author SENDIT! for the post:
roninXpl (Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:56 am)

Return to “Kitesurfing”