Cabrinha Apollo 2017 14m
North Jaime board 133cm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha's new kite - AV8

Postby podiatanapraia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:42 pm

ramin77 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:43 pm
I flew a 14 Velocity back to back with a 14AV8 on a hydrofoil. Bar pressure was much less with the AV8. Boost and hang time was far superior on the AV8 as well. The AV8 is a touch slower than the Velocity and also has a little less low end. I have been flying Apollos as my go-to kite for hydrofoil in the 9m and 12m size. These kites are great for boosting but their relaunch is terrible and they are quite slow. AV8 is a great compromise between the Velocity and Apollo because it relaunches better and turns faster than Apollo without the crazy bar pressure of the Velocity. Overall I think the AV8 is a great kite for anyone hydrofoiling and also on twin tip for big boosting.
Hey ramin77! Can you compare the AV8 to the Apollo in terms of hang time? My main kite is an Apollo 14m and it's allowed me to make huge progressions with airstyle tricks thanks to the massive hang time it gives me, specially in stonger winds. I'm really curious to know if the new kite comes close to that.

Cheers!

ramin77
Rare Poster
Weight: 175 lbs
Local Beach: 16th Street Pompano Beach
Style: Hydrofoil, twintip
Gear: Ozone Edge V10 7m
Ocen Rodeo Rise Aluula 10m
Gin Instinct HB 10m
Oxone Chrono v4 13m

Postby ramin77 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:33 am

Hey ramin77! Can you compare the AV8 to the Apollo in terms of hang time? My main kite is an Apollo 14m and it's allowed me to make huge progressions with airstyle tricks thanks to the massive hang time it gives me, specially in stonger winds. I'm really curious to know if the new kite comes close to that.

Cheers!
I haven’t flown the 14m apollo, only 9 and 12. What I can tel you is the hangtime on the 14m AV8 was superior to any 14m that I have ever flown...and the hangtime is superior to any other LEI kite I have flown.

Windlord
Rare Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Kanana, Newport, La Ventana
Style: Foil/Strapless
Gear: Slingshot, Ride Engine, Liquid Force, Cabrinha
Been thanked: 0

Postby Windlord » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:23 pm

Definitely going to try one of these at a demo this Summer!

mbs
Medium Poster
Gear: Kites and boards

Postby mbs » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:19 pm

I still am regularly using a velocity and was a fan of crossbow before that.
But I sometimes self launch, and velocity's long bridle at the wing tips can easily foul up when drift launching. I've always wished the velocity had a slightly shorter Y at the wingtip bridles to prevent the wingtip from going through the bridle when drift launching.
It looks like AV8 also has wingtip bridles. Anyone who has seen or ridden the AV8 know if the Y on the wingtip bridles is long enough to foul the wingtips?

Return to “Kitesurfing”