Rare Poster
Local Beach: Colico
Style: Freeride, vawe
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F-One Linx Bar 2018 vs 2019

Postby 1franz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:21 pm

Hello do someone tried the new linx bar 2019?
Is it better and worth extra money compared to 2018 linx bar? I read only difference should be lines are more resistent.
I need to buy a new f-one bar and any advice about choosing between the 2018 or 2019 model is welcome.
Thank you.
Francesco

Ianw
Medium Poster
Local Beach: UK - South Coast
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR8, Lieuwe Falcon & Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: None - Cost me a fortune!!!
Has thanked: 0

Re: F-One Linx Bar 2018 vs 2019

Postby Ianw » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:22 pm

Hi Francesco, I've kited with the Bandit XII's (12 & 9m) and V2 Linxbar since last October. Previously I had the BX1's & V1 Linxbar. In terms of performance the V2 bar & stiffer lines gives the new Bandits a more direct feel which I like. However this maybe more a factor of the new kites than the bar & unfortunately I didn't use the V2 bar on the BXI's so I can't compare. In terms of the new hub etc the lines are more separated therefore less chance of getting tangled. Also the new bar profile (cam shaped) seems thinner & very comfortable although I also liked the V1 bar. So if cost is a factor you can certainly get by with the V1 bar but if you've got new kites you may want to stretch to the new bar.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:25 pm

The only difference is stiffer lines on the 2019.

tkaraszewski
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Hood River/Caribbean
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone/Levitaz

Postby tkaraszewski » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Didn’t they change to a new “hub” (the metal piece that’s used to manage the single-line flagging system) that’s supposed to be less likely to chafe the lines?

magnusod
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West coast Sweden
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Phan Rang, Kingfisher
Style: Waves
Gear: North Charge, Duotone Fish SLS, Gong Allvator Curve, Naish Slash, Naish Boxer

Postby magnusod » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:15 pm

This is from the Fone website,

For this 2019 edition, we have improved it and added some great features to create the best connection to your kite.

The new lines are less elastic: they stretch 30% less than the previous ones, which makes kite steering more precise. Moreover, elongation through time is reduced which allows to ride with a kite always perfectly tuned. In addition, as the lines are stiffer it makes them easier to untangle whilst setting up the kite.

The Hub is now made of aluminium and the F-ONE cleat is hollowed, which allows to have lighter parts for an even more performing bar. Finally the central neoprene float colours as well as the release handle have been harmonised with the rest of the bar to create a neat Linx Bar.

I was also choosing between the 2018 and 2019 but decided to go for the 2019 as the 2018 lines seemed to stretch a lot. There was also a topic, which I can't find now, where the power line to the chicken loop broke on a 2018 Linx bar. The reply from Fone was that this also was improved on 2019.

Return to “Kitesurfing”