Kite Beach, South-Africa
Vääna- Jõesuu, Estonia
Style: Freestyle and big air
Gear: Eleveight RS 8m2, 9m2, 12m2 2020
Eleveight Commander 137cm 2021
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kite gear with Ryanair

Postby ColdWeatherKiter » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:11 am

Im afraid that it will be impossible to pack a 137cm twintip under 119cm :rollgrin:. I will just turn up at the check-in desk with my bag, maybe i will have luck with the person. I doubt it would get more expensive than 140€+55€. Doesnt really matter if the bag will be a couple of days late since i am returning from the trip!
I will keep you posted!

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:16 am

Would it be cheaper to check in one sports equipment and one regular bag and split the weight?

Failing that can you not just do what everyone else does and take out the excess weight whilst your bag is weighed at the check in desk and then put it back in again on your walk to the oversized baggage carousel?

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:19 am

a99 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:48 pm
Ryanair are not worst. Their helping people to reach from point a to point b. I appreciate them for low prices. But in last years their prices going up of course
You have no idea about airlines then. Ryanair is notorious for being a horrible airline. They are not your friend; they are there to get ever last penny out of you while pretending to be cheap. They treat their employees horribly hence why most of their pilots left. They are responsible for some of the fees now carried by all airlines. Keep flying them to save yourself a buck. You are part of the reason why there’s no leg room, service, and basic decency in flying nowadays.

tomato
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: faceplant!!!
Gear: old

Postby tomato » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:53 pm

If you want o fly first class- you pay and fly first class. I could afford it only once in 5 years. Or never.
I decided to have cheaper flight and pay only for services I really need, then I choose cheap Ryanair fligh. People who work there- they choose to work there.

I been taking 150cm golf bag- several times with Ryanair- newer been a problems, but weight they check- even if 1kg over 20kg limit- need to repack.

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:40 pm

ColdWeatherKiter wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:11 am
Im afraid that it will be impossible to pack a 137cm twintip under 119cm :rollgrin:. I will just turn up at the check-in desk with my bag, maybe i will have luck with the person. I doubt it would get more expensive than 140€+55€. Doesnt really matter if the bag will be a couple of days late since i am returning from the trip!
I will keep you posted!
A 137 board doesn't need a 150 bag though does it? Clever T***!
My point is to pack it so the ends pull in and the bag doesn't look or measure as big, thereby avoiding focus on it.

Don't worry about keep me posted.

Return to “Kitesurfing”