Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Should exist a way to quickrelease a board with Boots!

Forum for kitesurfers
plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Should exist a way to quickrelease a board with Boots!

Postby plummet » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:16 pm

I haven't got the new ozone QR. But have the previous 2 that have worked for years without fault.

Shit does happen. Also, you don't know what he was riding. Was he load testing a proto QR? we don't know. Was it a standard off the shelf QR? who knows. Its just internet warriors conjecture.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:31 pm

megalooping with boots is just that...stupid.

but at least it is cool.

despite that, wishing a speedy recovery.

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:34 pm

plummet wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:16 pm
I haven't got the new ozone QR. But have the previous 2 that have worked for years without fault.

Shit does happen. Also, you don't know what he was riding. Was he load testing a proto QR? we don't know. Was it a standard off the shelf QR? who knows. Its just internet warriors conjecture.
I alreqdy wrote that video is cutted, it means footage goes only when qr was activated, camera seems stabile as was filmed all epizode from megaloop start for sure, Ruben cutted still what we can't see it full, it means it's clearly not Ruben failure, its ozone equipment failure for sure.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:50 pm

Yeah sure sounds like a gear failure of some sort. Like to see more footage. Straps are safer on megaloops but I definitely understand. I've always found ozone gear to be well tested and solid. Would not be surprised if Ruben was riding some failed prototype.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:15 pm

I can’t see the argument about a failed prototype since the click-in loop is already available - why would they be testing new designs? It does make me slightly nervous about my own though...!

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:44 pm

andylc wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:15 pm
I can’t see the argument about a failed prototype since the click-in loop is already available - why would they be testing new designs? It does make me slightly nervous about my own though...!
Yeah, I was considering an Ozone release for when it's time to upgrade my own release someday, but I'm not really buying a pro rider accidentally hitting the release during a kiteloop. I'll wait this one out. The silence tells a lot... Won't be surprised the pin that holds the small hinging part broke...

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 am

andylc wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:15 pm
I can’t see the argument about a failed prototype since the click-in loop is already available - why would they be testing new designs?
Because that's how equipment gets better. Through continuous development and improvement. By the time the new product hits the shelf, there will have been many revision changes, potentially over years. Then it takes time to produce, there are tooling costs, minimum run sizes, production lead times and stock that needs to built, then needs to be cleared before a next generation product is released. There is every chance that gen 2,3,4 are being worked on before gen 1 is released.

PS .This is what I do for a day job. Design, prototype and manufacture products (not for the kiting industry). I have also had a glimpse into the ozone development process through meeting the ozone design team and flying some of their prototype products. I can tell you it takes longer than you think to develop and release a new product. PS I have no affiliation with Ozone at all. Nore do i test any products for them, i've just been at the right time and the right place to trial a few, and i've purchased several proto kites that they have sold s/h on the nz market.

Return to “Kitesurfing”