Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

bandit f-one kite from 2009/2010, is it worth buying it second hand?

Forum for kitesurfers
NENAD
Rare Poster
Local Beach: bojana.
Favorite Beaches: ulcin.
Style: no.
Gear: nothing.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

bandit f-one kite from 2009/2010, is it worth buying it second hand?

Postby NENAD » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Im new in kitesurfing i want to buy my first kite, i found this one its a bandit f-one from 2009/2010. is it good one and if yes what is the price you would pay for that one used?
also what should i look for and how to recognize if a kite is good enough or not?
:D

kjorn
Very Frequent Poster

Re: bandit f-one kite from 2009/2010, is it worth buying it second hand?

Postby kjorn » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:06 pm

NENAD wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 pm
Im new in kitesurfing i want to buy my first kite, i found this one its a bandit f-one from 2009/2010. is it good one and if yes what is the price you would pay for that one used?
also what should i look for and how to recognize if a kite is good enough or not?
talk to a local instructor. Get lessons.

Kite will be fine to fly, but you'd be better off with a beginner kite from 2015 onwards. Get a new bar and lines and get the instructor to show you how to quick release and put it back together. Pay them to do this.

Google kitemare for some fun videos.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:59 am

kjorn wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:06 pm
NENAD wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 pm
talk to a local instructor. Get lessons.

Kite will be fine to fly, but you'd be better off with a beginner kite from 2015 onwards. Get a new bar and lines and get the instructor to show you how to quick release and put it back together. Pay them to do this.

Google kitemare for some fun videos.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

iiro
Rare Poster
Gear: RRD, Ozone, HQ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby iiro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Hi,

agree with above, get lessons, and preferably get a kite that's modern and beginner-friendly. It'll be worth it.

Possible issues with an old kite won't make the learning curve any easier, and as a beginner you might not realize that it's the gear that's holding you back.

You can then later hunt for bargains to extend your quiver when you have picked up the basic skills and know how the kite should behave.

Having said that, I recently got a Bandit 4 (from 2011) in size 9m2, and I'm quite happy with it (used on snow only so far though). Especially considering the price, 100€. My other kites are all 2014 or newer, but I don't find them too different really. The Bandit is fast to turn, and maybe a bit more prone to overfly and stall. But with my skill level (slightly above beginner) it's hard to compare kites with different sizes anyway. Using this kite with my RRD bar (that works perfectly with my other kites) seems to require a bit tighter trimming on the back lines (or maybe the throw from the RRD bar is too much?). Note that any of this might not apply to Bandit 3 as many things apparently changed.

The biggest drawback in my opinion is the graphics, it's one ugly kite :roll:

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:05 pm

I thought the early Bandits looked pretty cool. The later ones have gone a bit neon! Although I quite the look of my 12's.

Return to “Kitesurfing”