Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer small stainless o-rings for attaching line extensions to base lines, good or bad?

Forum for kitesurfers
omg
Very Frequent Poster

Flysurfer small stainless o-rings for attaching line extensions to base lines, good or bad?

Postby omg » Thu May 02, 2019 8:23 pm

I have 20m lines and thought abt adding 5m lines for lower winds. However, I would like to have a ”quick system” for attaching the extension lines to these normal (20m) lines and thought abt getting these very small o-rings like Flysurfer uses for connecting kite lines to flying lines of the bar. However, I wonder if the lines can get stuck to these o-rings (say when lines go slack etc.) or am I too precautious?

Or if there are other quick systems to attach the extension lines to bar’s base flying lines, please? I hate to feed through the all four lines on each flying line.

Thanks very much!

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Flysurfer small stainless o-rings for attaching line extensions to base lines, good or bad?

Postby tomtom » Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 pm

imo it will work - but i dont like anything on my lines - even safety stopper ball and Y splitter. Anything on lines and they are much harder to untwist while rigging. I keep my bar attached and if you try untwist twisted lines with anything on it its much harder as there may be twist under and above ball in different direction.

Return to “Kitesurfing”