Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Pivot 2020

Postby Exal » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:42 pm

SurfboY wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:04 pm
Alright thanks for the feedback. Still hard to choose, now I’ve also added the Duotone Dice as an option. If I would just read all marketing articles I would probably go for the Naish Dash, but not everybody is so enthusiastic about that one
I think you need to demo kites and ask less on the forum :naughty:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:04 pm

SurfboY wrote:
Alright thanks for the feedback. Still hard to choose, now I’ve also added the Duotone Dice as an option. If I would just read all marketing articles I would probably go for the Naish Dash, but not everybody is so enthusiastic about that one

I think if what you like is TT / boots / unhooked the dash is a fantastic choice. If you want big air and control I would go pivot. I owned the dash and like the kite, but I spend more time in waves than on a TT.

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Brouwersdam/Vrouwenpolder/Oostvoorne/Krabbendijke, NL
Surfers Paradise, BE
Favorite Beaches: El Coche, Ras Sudr, Zanzibar
Style: Big Air, Freestyle
Gear: Naish kites, Nobile board, Mystic harnass and O’neill wetsuit.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SurfboY » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 am

Exal wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:42 pm
SurfboY wrote:
I think you need to demo kites and ask less on the forum :naughty:
You’re right but I can’t test them because they are not enough testdays that I can attend. Just the Duotone dice I can test soon.

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster
Surfers Paradise, BE

Postby SurfboY » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:37 pm

So I just tested the Pivot 2020. I must say it’s a good kite with very nice jumping/hangtime and easy to ride. More depower as well compared to a C kite.

What I didn’t like were downloops after a jump (sometimes the kite didn’t finish the loop very well, sometimes it even felt back in the window after a downloop). Maybe the wind was also light for a 8m. Another point was that at some times you don’t know where the kite is. Missing some bar feel in my opinion. But then, the C kite is all about bar feel.

I’m sure you can have lots of fun with it once you get used to it. I might consider buying a 7m next to my 8/10 Torches. First I will test the Duotone Dice, the winnner will win :)

juanpasala
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Calima
Favorite Beaches: Calima
Cabo de la Vela
San Andres
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 8 - 10 / Soul 8 - 12 - 15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Banga (inn for the joke)

Postby juanpasala » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 pm

SurfboY wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:37 pm
So I just tested the Pivot 2020. I must say it’s a good kite with very nice jumping/hangtime and easy to ride. More depower as well compared to a C kite.

What I didn’t like were downloops after a jump (sometimes the kite didn’t finish the loop very well, sometimes it even felt back in the window after a downloop). Maybe the wind was also light for a 8m. Another point was that at some times you don’t know where the kite is. Missing some bar feel in my opinion. But then, the C kite is all about bar feel.

I’m sure you can have lots of fun with it once you get used to it. I might consider buying a 7m next to my 8/10 Torches. First I will test the Duotone Dice, the winnner will win :)
Always impotant to have the bar well tuned when looping the pivots, if bar is accelerated the kite tends to stall a little bit, I find the kite is much more reactive with an inch of depower on the trim (when lines properly aligned)

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster
Surfers Paradise, BE

Postby SurfboY » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:44 pm

juanpasala wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 pm
SurfboY wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Always impotant to have the bar well tuned when looping the pivots, if bar is accelerated the kite tends to stall a little bit, I find the kite is much more reactive with an inch of depower on the trim (when lines properly aligned)
Exactly what I mean, the stalling. I was on full power (C habit). I noticed Kevin Langeree also has a little of depower on when he’s riding the Pivot.

rleshem
Medium Poster

Postby rleshem » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:58 am

Had a few sessions on the 2020 10m - love this kite.
Fast, great boost and glide - fun on the surfboard and the twintip. Light on the bar. Can’t ask for much more.

The 2019 12m I got is also nice but noticeably heavier on the bar - could be the size, maybe it’s improved in 2020 - not sure.

New inflation system is much better since I am used to a similar setup from my cabs.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:36 pm

I also got my 10 out again...yeah its becoming a favorite. I rode it in side on conditions, with the global. Great, responsive and powerful.

Return to “Kitesurfing”