Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Pivot 2020

Forum for kitesurfers
HurlyBurly
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride TT, Foiling, Strapless
Gear: Shinn Bronq, Shinn Monk, LF Galaxy with SS Space Skate foil, North Whip, Naish Pivots, Naish Boxer, OR Flite
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Naish Pivot 2020

Postby HurlyBurly » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:23 pm

tautologies wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:13 pm
matth wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:22 pm
The freaking bag is still ridiculously small. I wish they would use the sack bag for all kites like the Boxer bag....And put a goddam pocket at the bottom of the bar holder...very annoying when you get to the car an realize your bar has slipped out.
I guess I might be used to it, but I did roll the kite up on a windy beach and it went in the bag just fine. I usually put a finger under the zipper as I zip up the bag, but it would be cool to have a sack bag.
Re the bar, I always put one of the straps through the line and floater and over the bar. This way it can never fall off the bag.
Yeah, those bags are a bit snug. Of course my suspicion (as a lover of bags) is that bag makers of all types (day packs, soft sided luggage etc) never really test their bags by packing them like a traveler would.
Spoke today to a shop that deals Naish and asked if anyone had a chance to ride the 2020 Pivots. Unfortunately not. They are a good shop and it sounded like they might not even have any in stock at the moment. The guy I spoke to said the "rumor" was that the factory was behind on production due to some sort of miscommunications, etc. and were caught off guard with the launch. So for any of you waiting for orders to be filled.....

Chicken-loop
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 100kg
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: 2019 Naish Pivot 8m
2020 Naish Pivot 10m
2021 Naish Boxer 14m
2018 North Nugget 5.3
2021 Duotone Fish SLS 5.5

Postby Chicken-loop » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:48 am

Here is a pick of mine last week pre-session. Awesome colours!

A coupe of days a go I got asked by a fella "What's it like?". I said.. "I dunno.. It doesn't do anything wrong, its just easy to fly."

Which is ultimately what you want when riding strapless.
Attachments
IMG_0506.jpg

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:41 pm

Oh really nice colors. I have an 8 also, but have not unpacked it yet so I don't know what colors I have.

KiterNF
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sankt Peter Ording - Germany
Gear: Ozone Enduro
Naish Pivot

Postby KiterNF » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi,
I tried my new 12m Pivot today, wind was between 15-20kn. Still great allrounder, easy and good jumping, reactive and good feeling at the bar. I like the new inflatation system, just asking myself how it would works with cold fingers and gloves in the winter to put in the valve to deflate the kite.

By the way, Im still searching for a new Bar for the pivot. The Naish Bar is not my favorit, are you all using the Naish bar or are you using other Bars together with the Naish pivot?

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:00 pm

I am using the Naish bar, but I am not emotional about bars. It is solid, QR is reliable (key criteria), diameter is small (key criteria). I have been replacing lines once or twice (it’s the 2017 model) and use high quality Liros . I believe they improved the lines since 2017 . I replace the depower rope and safety line when they are worn out.
I replaced the V distributor of the 2017 model, which was bad on the lines by the common bracket and ball, which is also used on the bars now.

I use ATB and BTB. I like the unique factor of the BTB, that you can swivel it under the bar. The only other BTB bar still available I guess is from Slingshot and that still has that non functional Swivel above the bar.

If it was not the Naish bar I would probably use Slingshot or Cabrinha, as they seem to work well with the kites. Any bar with low V will. In Germany those two mentioned are usually the cheapest you can get on sale.

BudhaNl
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Slash 6, Pivot 7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 am

Naish bar for me as well, the 2016 has been my go-to for the past years, upgraded the lines once (pre-emptive, no reason to). That's btb and I like it a lot. That still has the useless high swivel. Recently purchased the 2019 torque ATB. Love the swivel, it's a bit thinner than the '16 which is no issue. Getting used to ATB, I'm not sure whether I like that a lot. Maybe exchange it for btb in the future.

Chicken-loop
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 100kg
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: 2019 Naish Pivot 8m
2020 Naish Pivot 10m
2021 Naish Boxer 14m
2018 North Nugget 5.3
2021 Duotone Fish SLS 5.5

Postby Chicken-loop » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:24 am

I’m using the a 2019 NAISH Torque with BTB trim. I really like it especially the new lines as they seem very robust.

The only thing I don’t like is how far the bar goes up the lines when you hit the safety.

Don’t think I have found the perfect bar yet though.. First world problems.

nikolaygadzhev77
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:41 pm

Using Naish base bar simple very light don't need any swivel I loop the kite when the lines get twist using only 8m pivot 2017 from 17- 35 knots 20+4m extensions great kite

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Brouwersdam, Knokke-Heist
Favorite Beaches: El Coche, Ras Sudr, Zanzibar
Style: Big Air, Freeride
Gear: Naish kites, Nobile board, Mystic harnass and O’neill wetsuit.

Postby SurfboY » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:45 am

Anyone that can compare a Naish Torch 8m (2019) top end with the Pivot 8m 2020? I was in 32knots gusts 40 with my 8 Torch which was too much, I wonder if a 8m Pivot would have worked better.

I read you need to take one smaller size in Pivot and that the wind range is similar. But that’s all from older versions of the Pivot. What about 2020?

I don’t mind being overpowered, that’s what I want for Big Air. But I need to be able to hold my edge.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:28 am

The profile of the Pivot has not changed fundamentally since it was introduced. Compared to a C-Shaped hybrid kite like the Dash or a full on C-kite I would suggest to take a meter smaller. With my 73 kg I would be on my 7m Slash in those winds riding a TT (i would be on a 5 riding my surfboard), and the Slash is a bit less powerful than the Pivot. Was out on my 8m 2020 Pivot yesterday in 20-25 knots. Love it. Did not feel a difference to 2019, but I could only tell if I ride it side by side. Maybe I will do this one of these days as I handed my 2019 over to my son.

Return to “Kitesurfing”