Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: la manga
Favorite Beaches: la manga
Style: freeride
Gear: airush, evo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ozone leading edge bladder failures?

Postby petato2 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:57 am

Hi Hannay one question.

I have been riding another brand for years, and decided some months ago to move to Ozone when I tried the Reo. We all know how good the Reo flies so dont need to mention the reason to change.

Due to budget constrains I have been buying, recently, second hand Reos v3 and v4, as well as Catalysts 2015 for my soon. I am conscious that of course I cannot expect the same level of guarantees as I could have for a brand new kite brought to an Ozone distributor.

I have not experienced any bladder problems with this kites, but reading the above posts I am starting to get worried. I would not have changed kite brand if I would have known that I have to replace the bladders, as they tend to be expensive.

My question is, if I start experiencing the same problems with my bladders, can I expect any short of support from Ozone, whatever that os, or I ll have to purchase new bladders at spare retail prices ?

Thanks in avance for clarifying.

Havre
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Havre » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 am

Then you will most likely not experience any issues. It is not like Ozone bladders are all failing. I have never had any issue with the main valve on any of my kites.

Hannay
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hannay » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:21 am

Hi petato2, thanks for buying Ozone, the Reo has always been in my kite bag.

If you have problems with your valves then please get in touch with your dealer who will deal with your request, we will react and send you new bladders if it is a manufacturing issue. No problem. Please do not assume that your valves will break but if you are worried then inspect them well the next time you see the kite or take the kites to your dealer to inspect. Where are you based?

As Havre says above, this is not a massive issue, but it is an issue if it happens to you and I would like you to know that we will stand behind our products.

Having our own factory means that we have all the patterns for all the bladders back to 2009, we can remake most spare parts for all our kites produced. Our bladders and spares are at a sensible price and we make them to order so you are not buying old stock.

I hope this helps settle any doubts. Cheers Iain

Return to “Kitesurfing”