Re: What to replace enduros with?

Postby Werito » Thu May 30, 2019 5:59 am

Icantdecideonakite wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:45 pm
daspi wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:07 pm
Icantdecideonakite wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:33 pm

ill check that out, am i right in saying its a reincarnation of the best TS? not a deal braker if it is
Well, in a way yes. Peter Stiewe did the TS at Best before founding Eleveight. Only natural to assume he continued where he left off. Lot's of TS DNA in the FS but clearly evolved from it as well. More low end in the FS than TS ever had for one thing. Try it out.
i can get a really good deal on eleveight kites at a shop near me. Do you reckon they would work well for a heavier rider?

At least my friend who is around 90kg likes it a lot.

I've demoed quite many kites during the past 1,5 years (not Enduro though), also FS for several times now. Imo it's pretty nice kite and it unhooks and slacks better than any other "hybrid" I've tried. Also the guys around here seem to like its jumping and looping characteristics - it rips you off the water and loop is kind of c-style, around the wingtip. What I've also noticed is that kite's top end seem to be limitless. Try one and let us know what you think!

Archer77
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 80Kg - 175 lbs
Local Beach: Porto Pollo, Sardegna
Gear: Shinn Bronq 135/41 V1, 136/42 Luigi, 148/47 XL
Ozone Alpha V2 12m 10m
Ozone Edge V10 10m 8m
Ozone Catalyst V1 7m

Postby Archer77 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:24 am

Teabageppo
Frequent Poster
Style: Air style - Freeride
Gear: Rebel 10m 2017, nobile carbon NHP 2017, north nugget 2015.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Teabageppo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:52 am

Agree with everything edt says. Good to read information that actually is bang on the money. You want more slack, then you need a proper C kite not a pretender. Not only will you get more slack, its the stability and slow moving characteristics of the torch / Vegas true C kites you want when unhooked. Don't get me wrong those hybrids are okay, but a lot of them not only don't slack nearly as well, they MOVE to fast for anything but the basics. Watched plenty of clinics run by travelling pros over the last few summers (for my boy) and its the one main thing they point out. Put a guy consistently dropping any move say to blind onto a proper C and "presto", soon enough they are landing them, one after the other. Seen it too many times to doubt this.

Then keep your hybrids for some all round action, even foiling...although foiling to me is like the other far end of the spectrum to C kites, hence eventually you want more and more drift, lighter and lighter build. SO a speciality kite for foiling would also be useful.

My son uses the new amp. It to shares a lot of the traits of the Torch/vegas. Extremely stable unhooked, slow moving (when in fifth line setup). Lots of slack.

The difference with the vegas/torch is the amp is much more user friendly, especially for lighter guys. The Vegas and Torch can really drag your ass downwind if you don't have the strength to pop against the pull like my son. They take no prisoners.

Amp's to me is like a user friendly serious C kite...but the slack and stability are not only really easily accessible, they give you the slack and stability of a proper C kite. Great for progression.

Might be the go, considering you use enduros and know that ozone feel.

Bottom line is … get a proper C kite like edt said...or get sucked into yet another Hybrid like the one above that apparently slacks better than all the other hybrids out there...ffs ..yeh right!?
These users thanked the author Teabageppo for the post (total 2):
nothing2seehere (Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:03 am) • Archer77 (Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:40 am)
Rating: 6.06%

Icantdecideonakite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: hayling island!
Favorite Beaches: pembrokshire baby!!!
Style: Wakestyle, wave foil
Gear: Enduros 9+12
refraction 143
Dwarfcraft
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Icantdecideonakite » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:40 pm

Hi everyone,

sorry to drag this back up but ive found some kite that suit me perfectly

I managed to get hold of a 12m and 10m hadlow ID with a bar for 150 quid and i love them

Ill compare them to the torch and the enduro.

The ID is definitely the most powerful of the 3, im able to get going pretty early on the 12 and be able to go upwind pretty hard.

Its not particularly fast which suits me perfectly as its so solid unhooked and doesn't move around.

Unhooked it pops and slack amazingly. As good as the torches i used to ride except they had a tendency to move around more.

I dont really do the kiteloop thing but looping out of transitions and jumps it pulls inanely hard and i can ride out really fast.

depower wise i would say the torch depowers slightly better despite being a true c but they both edge out pretty easily.

the torch also relaunches a lot easier. the ID relaunch is not great.

Boosting wise the ID has got to be up there as one of the best boosting kites i have ever flown. Which is surprising because it doesn't turn that fast which is what I thought makes a kite boost well. It rips you up fast and high like a classic c kite but then it offers insanely good hangtime.

These kites are not for everyone but they suit me perfectly. Ive kind of realised that straight out performance doesn't make the best kite. Its the one that suits you the best.

I still want to try the eleveigh fs but im pretty content with my hadlows. Ill keep hold of my enduros for now, they're good for wave and foiling.

Cheers to everyone who offered good advice and kite suggestions even though i didn't follow any of it

Return to “Kitesurfing”