Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

mystic stealth bar

Forum for kitesurfers
oregonkiter
Medium Poster
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:26 pm
Style: foil
Gear: Foil stuff
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby oregonkiter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:11 pm

About 6 sessions now on Spectra. I am confident that for whatever reason there is less wear using spectra vs the stock dyneema. The dyneema weave is a bit bumpier, which you can feel as the ring slides. Since you can buy spectra by the foot cheaply, I may just use that going forward.

Rob112
Rare Poster
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:51 pm
Local Beach: Hove
Lancing
Shoreham
Worthing
Goring
Gear: Pivot
Asylum
Mixer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby Rob112 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:01 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:37 am
jmach wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:10 am
Irie, why not connect directly to the shackle? Why the SS ring?
- When slack the shackle can sometimes invert.

- The shackle angle is a little too acute to easily attach the QR.

- 6mm is a little too thick for the QRs I use. I use 6mm shackles because the wheels (just under 6mm ID) fit perfectly. I first used a Dynabar wheel which perfectly fits a 6mm shackle.

- The ring is welded at 90 degrees to the shackle which makes the ring horizontal so that the QR I use fits perfectly 'up and over'.

Because I never unhook I do not use CLs. If using a CL then welding the ring to the shackle without turning it 90 degrees would be ideal. A slightly larger diameter ring (say 30mm) might also be better.

The wheels are now printed by Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/G2GJ57RW4/pa-pulleyv5

Sorry if this is a daft question or been covered else where, what's your setup without using a CL?

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana, SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, SST 5m, Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/105cm masts with 590/330 695/425 683s/450 679/483 wingsets, Tim's 36" woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot SST 6m 2018 $480, Slingshot Turbine 5m 2017 like new $450, BROkite carbon board 140x44cm like new complete $650, Slingshot Rally 6m 2017 like new $530

Moses 590/647/330 $740, Moses 633/749/483 $790, Moses 683s/749/483 $890, 75cm alu mast $200, 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 211 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby grigorib » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:22 pm

Rob112 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:01 pm
Sorry if this is a daft question or been covered else where, what's your setup without using a CL?
Here’s what I use - it’s just amazing, mindblowing simple and functional and it’s back in the store!

https://kiteboarding.com/proddetail.asp ... v2&cat=384
Attachments
3E2C8B1E-532C-4443-9693-C7C5644CD11F.jpeg
These users thanked the author grigorib for the post:
Rob112 (Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:00 pm)
Rating: 10%

Rob112
Rare Poster
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:51 pm
Local Beach: Hove
Lancing
Shoreham
Worthing
Goring
Gear: Pivot
Asylum
Mixer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby Rob112 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:01 pm

Ah cool, thanks!

tkaraszewski
Frequent Poster
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:03 pm
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Moses/F-One/Flysurfer mostly
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby tkaraszewski » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:05 pm

oregonkiter wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:11 pm
About 6 sessions now on Spectra. I am confident that for whatever reason there is less wear using spectra vs the stock dyneema. The dyneema weave is a bit bumpier, which you can feel as the ring slides. Since you can buy spectra by the foot cheaply, I may just use that going forward.
This might depend more on the particular brand and weave of line more than spectra vs dyneema, both are available in all different weights and styles. Either should be plenty strong for this, though, they're really designed for much higher loads.

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1917
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby iriejohn » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:04 pm

Rob112 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:01 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:37 am
jmach wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:10 am
Irie, why not connect directly to the shackle? Why the SS ring?
- When slack the shackle can sometimes invert.

- The shackle angle is a little too acute to easily attach the QR.

- 6mm is a little too thick for the QRs I use. I use 6mm shackles because the wheels (just under 6mm ID) fit perfectly. I first used a Dynabar wheel which perfectly fits a 6mm shackle.

- The ring is welded at 90 degrees to the shackle which makes the ring horizontal so that the QR I use fits perfectly 'up and over'.

Because I never unhook I do not use CLs. If using a CL then welding the ring to the shackle without turning it 90 degrees would be ideal. A slightly larger diameter ring (say 30mm) might also be better.

The wheels are now printed by Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/G2GJ57RW4/pa-pulleyv5

Sorry if this is a daft question or been covered else where, what's your setup without using a CL?
There are pics in the "Bye Bye Chicken Loop" thread. If you're genuinely interested I live in Chichester so can meet half way and show you.

https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/attachm ... 1536176241

Rob112
Rare Poster
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:51 pm
Local Beach: Hove
Lancing
Shoreham
Worthing
Goring
Gear: Pivot
Asylum
Mixer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby Rob112 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:52 am

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:04 pm
Rob112 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:01 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:37 am


- When slack the shackle can sometimes invert.

- The shackle angle is a little too acute to easily attach the QR.

- 6mm is a little too thick for the QRs I use. I use 6mm shackles because the wheels (just under 6mm ID) fit perfectly. I first used a Dynabar wheel which perfectly fits a 6mm shackle.

- The ring is welded at 90 degrees to the shackle which makes the ring horizontal so that the QR I use fits perfectly 'up and over'.

Because I never unhook I do not use CLs. If using a CL then welding the ring to the shackle without turning it 90 degrees would be ideal. A slightly larger diameter ring (say 30mm) might also be better.

The wheels are now printed by Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/G2GJ57RW4/pa-pulleyv5

Sorry if this is a daft question or been covered else where, what's your setup without using a CL?
There are pics in the "Bye Bye Chicken Loop" thread. If you're genuinely interested I live in Chichester so can meet half way and show you.

https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/attachm ... 1536176241
I am indeed interested and would definitely buy if it was an option instead of CL. Not sure I have the skills/time to start customising my gear though - can feel it going terribly wrong!


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], knotwindy and 10 guests