Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

mystic stealth bar

Forum for kitesurfers
clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby clint2070 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:00 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:57 am
clint2070 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:07 am
I saw a post that had a wide ring. does anyone know what im talking about ? Its used for sailing.
I believe this is the ring that some use
https://www.ronstan.us/marine5/product. ... =RF8090-26
Thanks ! After looking into it I bought SMC rings. They're cheaper and have more area and a flat ring. Hopefully its better.
smc.jpg
https://smcgear.com/smc-rigging-ring-red.html

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby clint2070 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:06 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:39 am
clint2070 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:07 am
The ring sucks ! Im burning through ropes like crazy ! What other ring is there that won't wear the rope so fast ? I saw a post that had a wide ring. does anyone know what im talking about ? Its used for sailing.
Have you seen that flat Dyneema webbing that Ion is using on their surf s-bar? It's derived from the rock climbing market (e.g Black Diamond uses it). In my experience it slides on rings (& carabiners) much better than the round rope and it seems to wear better.
When I first tried it I was skeptical, but now I'd rather not go back. I've been trying to find it in bulk since it would be nice to have replacement webbing when needed. I was going to contact some of the climbing brands domestically and see if I can source some.
Wow ! Its $40 ! If you find it in bulk please let me know ! It looks like it would go good with the SMC ring
smc.jpg
Last edited by clint2070 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby clint2070 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:07 am

clint2070 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:06 am
Da Yoda wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:39 am
clint2070 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:07 am
The ring sucks ! Im burning through ropes like crazy ! What other ring is there that won't wear the rope so fast ? I saw a post that had a wide ring. does anyone know what im talking about ? Its used for sailing.
Have you seen that flat Dyneema webbing that Ion is using on their surf s-bar? It's derived from the rock climbing market (e.g Black Diamond uses it). In my experience it slides on rings (& carabiners) much better than the round rope and it seems to wear better.
When I first tried it I was skeptical, but now I'd rather not go back. I've been trying to find it in bulk since it would be nice to have replacement webbing when needed. I was going to contact some of the climbing brands domestically and see if I can source some.
Wow ! Its $40 ! If you find it in bulk please let me know ! It looks like it would go good with the SMC bringsmc.jpg
https://greenhatkiteboarding.com/produc ... 4202911877

richy-c
Medium Poster
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Gear: Ozone Moses Shinn Best
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby richy-c » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:33 am

Experiences please?... I've been using this bar on a rope now for 2 months and it's great in a lot of ways but as on the kite boarding.Com video I cannot get this to be a quick click in and out fitting when I snap the cam lock down I always have to tension the straps also. Reason being is that when removing the harness I just can't release the cam lock when the harness is tight. I have to release the straps slightly to enable the lock to undo. Has anyone else seen this issue?

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby clint2070 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:38 am

richy-c wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:33 am
Experiences please?... I've been using this bar on a rope now for 2 months and it's great in a lot of ways but as on the kite boarding.Com video I cannot get this to be a quick click in and out fitting when I snap the cam lock down I always have to tension the straps also. Reason being is that when removing the harness I just can't release the cam lock when the harness is tight. I have to release the straps slightly to enable the lock to undo. Has anyone else seen this issue?
My issue is the opposite. I can undo it but when putting it on i need to start loose and tighten the straps. Im not in the best shape though and im using it with a 2018 RE harness

Sgallian
Medium Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:42 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 80
Local Beach: La Saline - Reunion Island
Favorite Beaches: La Prairie - Mauritius
Tarifa
Style: Freeride - Freestyle - Strapless - Foil
Gear: 2017 Naish Dash, 2019 Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Soul 12m
NHP SplitBoard Carbon(2016) , 50/Fifty
Nobile Infinity Split Foil 5'2
Zeeko SpitFire Foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby Sgallian » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:15 am

clint2070 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:07 am
The ring sucks ! Im burning through ropes like crazy ! What other ring is there that won't wear the rope so fast ? I saw a post that had a wide ring. does anyone know what im talking about ? Its used for sailing.
This is what I use:
https://marine.wichard.com/en/blocks/fr ... part-22014

And here is the result:
Harnais.jpg
Had to shave 0.3 mm off my CL to have a perfect fit, works pretty good now, ring does not come off at all.
These users thanked the author Sgallian for the post:
zlatko23 (Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:18 am)
Rating: 8.33%

User avatar
zlatko23
Medium Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:04 pm
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos), Milos & Agios Nikolaos (Lefkada)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m, Switchblade 7m, Contra 13m, Ozone Enduro V2 9m & V3 11m, CrazyFly Raptor LTD
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby zlatko23 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:16 pm

For me - I have to adjust the straps just once. The harder it is to close, the harder it is to open afterwards, but if I can close it - I can open the clasp. It is really convenient and easy. I am using the bar with RE harness.

rleshem
Medium Poster
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:10 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby rleshem » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:22 pm

I can remove no problem but to put it on I have to losen the straps. I am using it in seat harness.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby clint2070 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:10 pm

Sgallian wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:15 am
clint2070 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:07 am
The ring sucks ! Im burning through ropes like crazy ! What other ring is there that won't wear the rope so fast ? I saw a post that had a wide ring. does anyone know what im talking about ? Its used for sailing.
This is what I use:
https://marine.wichard.com/en/blocks/fr ... part-22014

And here is the result:
Harnais.jpg

Had to shave 0.3 mm off my CL to have a perfect fit, works pretty good now, ring does not come off at all.
I have the same bar. if the SMC doesn't work well for me, I will try that setup. Thank you ! Im also searching for that flat dyneema rope in bulk !

Sgallian
Medium Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:42 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 80
Local Beach: La Saline - Reunion Island
Favorite Beaches: La Prairie - Mauritius
Tarifa
Style: Freeride - Freestyle - Strapless - Foil
Gear: 2017 Naish Dash, 2019 Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Soul 12m
NHP SplitBoard Carbon(2016) , 50/Fifty
Nobile Infinity Split Foil 5'2
Zeeko SpitFire Foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby Sgallian » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:18 am

clint2070 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:10 pm
I have the same bar. if the SMC doesn't work well for me, I will try that setup. Thank you ! Im also searching for that flat dyneema rope in bulk !
Most welcome!
Another advantage with the friction ring and the CL around it, is that the bar is bit closer to you (important in my case as I wanted to keep the hook too, so the rope is loose enough so that the CL can slide freely above it).
If you have the same Naish bar, I would definitely recommend the Wichard FRX 20, because it is lighter (you also have the choice of the bit heavier Antal: http://www.antal.it/eng/R20-14_en ).
But be aware that in both cases, since the max diameter is 14mm for the rope around it, and the Naish CL being a bit wider, you will have to shave of a bit of plastic on the sides of the CL.
I think that given the small amount of aesthetic plastic removed (I sure do hope that there is some dynema at its core), this is safe to do, and in this way, the CL "clicks" into the friction ring (do not slice too much off it!), and so there is no chance of it coming off when riding (but in case of release, no issue either).
Don't have the bar around me at this time, but I'll try to take a picture of it and post it when I can.
Cheers.
These users thanked the author Sgallian for the post (total 2):
clint2070 (Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:04 pm) • zlatko23 (Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:19 am)
Rating: 16.67%


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bjw, Exal, Google [Bot], joriws, or6, zloilyoha and 28 guests