Local Beach: Plumb
Gear: Arcs/Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby collider » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:08 pm

alunj wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:09 pm
Changing the rope is pretty easy
Remove the back (4x Allen bolts) then you can see the back of the spreader , one end of the rope has a shrink wrap on it to keep the fibres together ; that’s tied in a knot . Other end is threaded thru a little extra locking device then knotted . Max 10 mins to replace . I opened it up to remove the ring as I have a metal wave chicken loop
Now just need some wind to test
It's sounds like getting the one with the hook and adding own rope makes most sense?

Anyone using this yet? I'm considering replacing spreader on RideEngine 2017. The only (small) complaint I have about that harness is the straps. Stealth looks like it holds pretty tightly, is that the case? Any chance of the latch coming undone? And conversely, is it easy to undo it (snow gloves or wetsuit gloves)?

I don't know about game changer, but it does look like a nice solution.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:18 pm

No, it will not come undone by accident. I suppose there is some completely bizarre circumstance where it could theoretically happen but sooo unlikely as to be ignored in this world.
Opening it with gloves would be a little tricky if your hands are very cold & tired but you can, I suppose always loosen the straps a bit in that case. Sort of defeats part of the purpose of the cam but easily doable.

alunj
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby alunj » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:38 pm

The cam takes quite a bit of force to move it from open to closed . I cant see it coming open anytime soon accidentally. I can imagine it may be a little difficult when it’s cold and you have gloves on.
The wings seem to do their job and hold it in the right place. I still get a little ride up but I’m Apple shaped so nothing much will stop that other than a diet

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: ¤°

Postby POACHER » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:10 pm

I bought one yesterday. I'm not sure I'd quite call it a game changer, maybe just nod in the direction of more convenience, lighter weight and some added versatility. (out of a $80 product, that's not bad...)

So it is noticeably lighter than the stock Mystic Clickerbar 4.0 that my Majestic X came with. (FOR SALE btw...$40? :wink: ) I'm all for shedding some unnecessary weight on gear, as every bit helps when boosting and packing gear for trips.
The composite feels well built and the closure works well. I went with the traditional hook as I ride hooked in twin tip 90% of the time. The option to add a rope for surf/foil has some appeal for future use.
The wings aren't anything new, my Prolimit harnesses have had them 10+ years ago. They do work. It really keeps the bar from riding up and there is no need for a hold down strap. The newer bigger bar pad is super cush and comfortable. I'm stoked for this as once in awhile my bar would pinch my ribs.

Overall I think the Stealth is just going to make a great harness even better.

*Just a head's up:

There is no provision for a short leash on it like the Clicker bar. No biggie as I had an old ring/leash from another harness.
There is no internal safety knife pocket like on the Clicker bar pad. Again no big deal, I was due for a new/better safety knife. I just got Mystic's mini pouch/knife.

collider
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Plumb
Gear: Arcs/Foils

Postby collider » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:55 pm

Hey thanks! Exact type of responses I was looking for. Not something I truly NEED, but now I need it :D

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:01 am

Poacher, where will you now store your knife, I have a Stealth coming too.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster

Postby POACHER » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:36 am

alford wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:01 am
Poacher, where will you now store your knife, I have a Stealth coming too.
Pics are usually more useful.
_20190604_213344.JPG
_20190604_213258.JPG

rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Crazy Fly Bulldozer/Crazyfly Raptor LTD, Naish Pivot, Duotone Rebel, Crazyfly Hyper, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:26 pm

I have been riding with mine for a little over a week now. I can say without a doubt that I absolutely love the thing. It made my Majestic X, my favorite harness ever, an even better harness. I have used the fixed loop for big air sessions with no issues and the slider while foiling. Both work as advertised with no problems. The wings really do hold the bar in place very well and the pad on the back makes it hard to even notice you have a harness on, it is that comfortable.
IMG_0759.jpg

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster

Postby POACHER » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:34 pm

rogue_kiteboarder wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:26 pm
I have been riding with mine for a little over a week now. I can say without a doubt that I absolutely love the thing. It made my Majestic X, my favorite harness ever, an even better harness. I have used the fixed loop for big air sessions with no issues and the slider while foiling. Both work as advertised with no problems. The wings really do hold the bar in place very well and the pad on the back makes it hard to even notice you have a harness on, it is that comfortable.

IMG_0759.jpg
Hey Rogue, is that leash ring on your strap something that comes with the new Majestic harness or is it something you improvised? I'd prefer that to my kooky looking leash attachment! :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”