F-One Trax HRD LT 136
Naish Kev Pro 137
Gong Alvator Alround foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kevin Langeree Pro model kiteboard

Postby Surferduuude » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:48 am

Ice101 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:47 am
Did any one buy a KL pro 137? Are they any good? Good clear out prices in it now at £350 a board.
Was the 137 not a popular size and why?
HA! Yes, I just did. The 137 from Holland. Only had one session so far, in super choppy conditions. I'm not impressed. I never rode the Monarch before, but it's quite popular around here, so I figured it would be good for my local spot.
The board feels quite heavy and it sucks to the water on take off. Perhaps I'm not skilled enough, but it felt a bit like a tank, just bulldozing it's way through the water.
I'll try it again, but if the feeling is the same, it'll come up for sale.

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:18 am

Oh that’s not great news then. Someone else did say theirs felt like a tank but thought they said they liked it and did have a light Jamie before. Will have to give it a go and see I guess.

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ice101 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:10 pm

Did you try the 137 again mate? Any joy the second time or other opinion?

Surferduuude
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: SVP, ASP
Style: No board shorts
Gear: Naish Dash 10, 12
Naish Pivot 7
Naish Boxer 10
Airush Protoy 135
Airush Apex 135
F-One Trax HRD LT 136
Naish Kev Pro 137
Gong Alvator Alround foil

Postby Surferduuude » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:00 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:10 pm
Did you try the 137 again mate? Any joy the second time or other opinion?
Not yet. But I did have great fun with a F-One Trax HRD LT yesterday. Smoother in the chop than my rediscovered Airush Apex, but harder in landings. The Platinium3 pads/straps have good grip, but the pads are not as soft as the Airush Element pads. The F-One is a keeper! I''ll be testing the KL Pro again next time I'm hitting the water.

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ice101 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:15 pm

I had a read hrd wasn’t all that great. Didn’t go up wind that well. I have a good session on my kl pro now.
It does feel a little heavy on the hand but once on the feet it rocked. Flies upwind, pretty fast, it wasn’t great conditions only about 18-20 knots but I got the feeling it would hoon In some stronger stuff! Loads of grip and some nice pop. Didn’t have my pads ducked quite enough so looking forward to giving it another blast soon as we get more wind with time to go!

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Postby Blackened » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:57 am

Ice101 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:15 pm
I had a read hrd wasn’t all that great. Didn’t go up wind that well. I have a good session on my kl pro now.
It does feel a little heavy on the hand but once on the feet it rocked. Flies upwind, pretty fast, it wasn’t great conditions only about 18-20 knots but I got the feeling it would hoon In some stronger stuff! Loads of grip and some nice pop. Didn’t have my pads ducked quite enough so looking forward to giving it another blast soon as we get more wind with time to go!
Compared to most other boards, the Trax upwinds as good or better. However, I don't think the HRD rail does a huge amount for upwind. The Reedin boards are purpose built rocketships, similar to the Monarch. They're flat, wide tips, and stiff. They're even designed to be ridden in smaller sizes than you would normally.

gibsonandpickett
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby gibsonandpickett » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:20 am

a friend of mine went from Monarch to Kev pro and loves it.

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ice101 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:28 am

Blackened wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:57 am
Ice101 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:15 pm
Compared to most other boards, the Trax upwinds as good or better. However, I don't think the HRD rail does a huge amount for upwind. The Reedin boards are purpose built rocketships, similar to the Monarch. They're flat, wide tips, and stiff. They're even designed to be ridden in smaller sizes than you would normally.
Like the look of the Reedin boards but bought the kl pro naish as a lot cheaper then the reedin and probably not a lot different.

Return to “Kitesurfing”