Delta99
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Stockholm
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Liquid Force Mission Control v2 kinks

Postby Delta99 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:46 pm

The tube with the lines on my LFK MC bar v2 gets stuck in the "bar hole". It can really jam stuck when you are in the most need of smooth precise control for eg relaunching in marginal winds.

Any successful fixes?

Tomas

jkrug
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 200 lbs
Gear: stuff

Re: Liquid Force Mission Control v2 kinks

Postby jkrug » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:44 pm

is it brand new? i had same issue with mine until it got broke in, now it's fine. it's very stiff when new.
These users thanked the author jkrug for the post:
Delta99 (Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:49 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Postby Herman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:54 pm

I don't have any knowledge of that particular bar but I have had bars that have produced a razor sharp burr at the hole/dug out. I dare say you have already looked but if you haven't feel round the top and bottom of the hole to see if it developing a burr. If there is a burr get the Emery paper out and smooth it off.
These users thanked the author Herman for the post:
Delta99 (Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:49 pm)

Delta99
Medium Poster

Postby Delta99 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Thanks! The bar is new, only a few hours. There is nothing wrong with the hole. It is just that the plastic tube jams if I have extreme angles. Very irritating. I'll try to spray some lubricant.

AH_hm
Rare Poster
Gear: CrazyFly Tango 13m, LF Envy 9m
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby AH_hm » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:42 pm

Delta99 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Thanks! The bar is new, only a few hours. There is nothing wrong with the hole. It is just that the plastic tube jams if I have extreme angles. Very irritating. I'll try to spray some lubricant.
Hi, what has been your experience with the bar after some use? Is the jamming still an issue?
I'm considering getting one as they can be found with quite significant discounts now.

ralu81
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sherman island, Roosevelt park- gorge, Moriah Harbor-Great Exuma Bahamas, Little Sable Point Lake Michigan, Oscoda Lake Huron, Long Beach IN Lake Michigan, Escanaba, HWY 2 U.P. Michigan, Lake St. Clair, Harsen's Island, Tawas.
Gear: Slingshot RPM
Slingshot Rally
Duotone Evo
Liquid Force DLX
Slingshot Celeritas

Postby ralu81 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:12 pm

I have the first version of the bar and its been good for me but also haven't experienced the jamming issues others have. Mine is also pretty well broken in though. I would assume the kite you use may have an effect on it as well. I use mine with an 11m Evo and I don't need significant inputs to get the kite to turn I even have it on the inner most setting with the steering lines. Overall its been a good bar for me I like all of the features and haven't had any quality issues with it. I just wish they would make a stopper for the tube. I reached out to LF to see if the stopper that's on their version OR's click bar would work and they said no, the PU tube is the wrong diameter.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:46 am

I think LF addressed the sticky PU tubing issue on their V3 MC bar. They switched tubing to make it sheet better and made the bar more user friendly for maintenance. I haven't used the bar but really like the V3 design and recall reading about this

GJibb
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: SW Ontario
Gear: LF/Gong/Slingshot Kites
Duotone TT/SB
Gong HF

Postby GJibb » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:56 am

My Ozone bar felt sticky for the first 5-8-10 maybe sessions. Then it was just gone. The stiffness, any sticking. Everything. Now I don’t even think about it.
That said, I have a brand new LF MC V2 bar that i just used for its first ride and I’m going through this scenario over again. But the tubing on the LF is way thicker and less clearance through the bar hole.
Anyways, stick with it (haha). It will go away.
These users thanked the author GJibb for the post:
alford (Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:00 am)

Delta99
Medium Poster

Postby Delta99 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Hi, the stickyness is mostly am issue when relaunching in light winds when you have to be more sensitive and adaptive while still pulling in quite extreme angles. Then the jamming is a problem.

It is also annoying when you've had it folded in its sleeve and it stays crocked untill you have the kite pulling in the air.

I also suspect it behaves better in hot climate rather than chilly northern Europe. The plastic tube is softer in warmer climates.

I think they addressed some of these issues on MC v3. However, one would have expected that it should have been identified and solved already in the second iterations.

Besides this it is a nice, light, smooth, minimalistic bar with the best grip I have. It stays dry and does not wear out my skin like some other do. Just the right balance.

Madboard
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 71
Local Beach: Svencele
Gear: CrazyFly
Liquid Force NV8
Been thanked: 0

Postby Madboard » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi,

did anyone try Mission Control v1? Maybe original one is better one? Or is it wise to skip Mission Control all together and look for something else?

Thanks!

Return to “Kitesurfing”