Forum for kitesurfers
kitedonky
Rare Poster
Gear: North/F-One
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby kitedonky » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 am

I just wanted to check with the people who have already got their 2020 kites, have you got marks on it, like ink marks. You will see them when you unpack it. I have heard that Duotone is delivering kites with marks that come from the kite bags.

I would be interested to know if anyone has an official answer from Duotone. If I order if I will also have to face this issue?

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Short answer: No, you do not need to worry about any issues. All kites bought from retail stores are cosmetically perfect.

Longer answer: A portion of the initial shipment of kites had color migrate from the back panel of the bag to the canopy of the kite in shipping (basically a small cosmetic smudge, doesn't affect performance or longevity of the fabric). We discovered the issue after the first shipment landed and sorted it out at the factory so subsequent shipments have corrected the issue. All of these 'blem' kites were intercepted at the points of distribution, marked as "B" quality, and are being held for use as demo/team/school kites, as it's a fairly small percentage of a single shipment that were affected. We used all B quality kites for our AWSI event here in Hood River and none of the dealers could spot the blems once the kite were laid out/inflated, however we understand that each kite purchase is a large personal investment for our customers so, again, we will only be releasing A quality kites for retail sale.

-Dan

Kitexel
Rare Poster
Gear: North/Duotone

Postby Kitexel » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:12 pm

When will the new Evo be launched?
Duotone Evo 2020.jpg
These users thanked the author Kitexel for the post:
purdyd (Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:06 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Kozzie
Medium Poster
Local Beach: brighton
Style: freestyle

Postby Kozzie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:48 pm

F the evo why you got sprogs posting capa vids with no tech specs available ?

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:29 am

Kozzie wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:48 pm
F the evo why you got sprogs posting capa vids with no tech specs available ?
Let me just say that I do appreciate some tech specs also. Flat area, AR, projected area, - those things at bare minimum. It used to be that North duotone was the best at publishing those specs and making sure they were kept up-to-date for new products. Most kiters appreciated those specs even if they didn't fly the product.

So Dan, any chance we can get those back on your website? You don't want the new North to beat you to that, do you?

Enrico73
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 74
Local Beach: FVG spot (Grado & Marina Julia), Italy
Favorite Beaches: Grado & Marina Julia
Style: Old style
Gear: Duotone, Advance, Epic
Has thanked: 0

Postby Enrico73 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi,
I am new to this group.
I didn't know him, I went in on the recommendation of a friend to discuss a problem.
I have read many posts and all of them interesting and I add myself to this one because I think it is consistent.
I have been kitesurfing since 2015.
My life at sea begins much earlier: catamaran, windsurf and now kite.
I started with used kites, to save money ...
I have been watching the market for many years to buy my first new kite.
I've seen many brands, but tried a few.
My style is old-school.
And my sympathies have turned to Duotone, RRD or Cabrinha.
Unfortunately, the price of kites has grown a lot in recent years and therefore I have always postponed the purchase.
Now I have reached the point where I would like the right kite, to improve even more, to have more fun and to have my first new kite.
Convinced by the great duotone advertising campaign, by the stellar prices, by the guarantees on the materials, I decided to buy 2 rebels (13 and 9sm) sure to make an investment in a product with no ifs and buts ...
I chose the 2020 models to save some money.
The kites arrived in mid-November.
In these years I have seen many new kites, it is fantastic to open the backpack and find the perfect and immaculate new toy.
This didn't happen with my rebels.
I attach some photos, but it is very difficult to take clear photos.
On the white kite it is difficult to see the defects while on the blue one they are much lighter.
What did I expect from duotone? Precision, perfection and attention to the customer.
The rip stop of the wing has many white marks similar to those of kites that have already been used for a long time, while the leading edge has discolorations and lines.
The kites look new but have the fabric that feels already worn.
I was very disappointed, so much so that I thought they were test kites.
I wrote to the shop (Easy Surf Shop - PL) which assures me that the products are new.
I tried to ask for more information but they never answered me again.
I tried to contact Duotone with the form on the website, an Italian supplier contacted me but having bought in Poland he downloaded me immediately.
I was asked my opinion on Duotone, I gave a star hoping to be called back but it didn't happen.
What should I think of duotone?
Are the materials just ugly or are they also delicate?
Can a new kite be ugly?
Today there are many kites that fly well.
If you turn to the top of the range, you also expect a lot.
Fortunately I didn't buy the click bar… .. what I read horrifies me.
How long does the duotone think it will go ahead on the crest of the wave if these are the results?
Attachments
IMG_20201128_110834.jpg
IMG_20201128_112502.jpg
IMG_20201128_112509.jpg
IMG_20201128_112540.jpg
IMG_20201128_112551.jpg
IMG_20201128_112804.jpg
IMG_20201128_112918.jpg
IMG_20201128_112900.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”