Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby Exal » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:44 pm

wrogu wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:42 pm
And what would you do if you were them?
I am a big duotone fan and not saying that it is stupid or over the top what they are doing, just saying that they are seeing north as competition and are shitting their pants. The real news source is coming in hot with the leaks again :rollgrin: http://prntscr.com/opiu5q

The comments appearing from team riders are actually hilarious after seeing the leak from colin.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Exal wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:44 pm
wrogu wrote:
I am a big duotone fan and not saying that it is stupid or over the top what they are doing, just saying that they are seeing north as competition and are shitting their pants. The real news source is coming in hot with the leaks again :rollgrin: http://prntscr.com/opiu5q

The comments appearing from team riders are actually hilarious after seeing the leak from colin.
So you think other companies don’t ask their team riders to post on social media and support their product launch?

Exal
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town

Postby Exal » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:12 pm

purdyd wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:08 pm
So you think other companies don’t ask their team riders to post on social media and support their product launch?
Again, I don't care what they do and am just enjoying the show :thumb:

dewwy
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: Freestyle/Wakestyle
Gear: RPM/Asylum/Vision
Has thanked: 0

Postby dewwy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Exal wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:44 pm
wrogu wrote:

Its kinda funny, cause North hasn't really done much in terms of marketing.

Exal
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town

Postby Exal » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:55 pm

dewwy wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:50 pm
North was pretty much the only sponsor of the 2019 KOTA. They also signed Jalou (Netherlands), Jesse (America/Hawai), Nick (Denmark). The teamriders alone have a pretty big reach. The merger with Mystic can be seen as a big marketing move in itself. I don't like the new north so I didn't really follow what they were doing but sponsoring the kota was a pretty big whoop marketing wise.

Mo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: The KiteHouse _ North Marina _ Liban Nord
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan, Ras Sudr
Style: Freestyle
Gear: DTK Juice 15m, Rebel 12m, Dice 9m, Evo9m, Evo7m
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby Mo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:13 pm

The risk of North entering the market will have an impact on many brands and the least would be Duotone IF they do the products well. Yes, Mystic move was an excellent one to fix their distribution in Europe which has always been the problem of many brands. Sponsoring KOTA has way less importance than the Mystic move.

I see Ozone, F-1 and others becoming very active since few days compared to the past months. So, everyone is trying to protect their piece of cake. Duotone will be little worried due to solid brands, loyalty, marketing and distribution.

IN MY OPINION, the winner will be the brand with the best products in terms of performance, finish, features and quality and above all respect the customer. This is the usual game.

I have received a lot of pics and info on new North products. I would not comment till early next week rather than a pre-mature evaluation.

MO

dewwy
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: Freestyle/Wakestyle
Gear: RPM/Asylum/Vision

Postby dewwy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Exal wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:55 pm
dewwy wrote:
North was pretty much the only sponsor of the 2019 KOTA. They also signed Jalou (Netherlands), Jesse (America/Hawai), Nick (Denmark). The teamriders alone have a pretty big reach. The merger with Mystic can be seen as a big marketing move in itself. I don't like the new north so I didn't really follow what they were doing but sponsoring the kota was a pretty big whoop marketing wise.
Compared to duotone, north hasn't done a whole lot on social media. Curious to see how the european market will develop, especially in the netherlands/germany.

Mo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: The KiteHouse _ North Marina _ Liban Nord
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan, Ras Sudr
Style: Freestyle
Gear: DTK Juice 15m, Rebel 12m, Dice 9m, Evo9m, Evo7m
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby Mo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:34 pm

dewwy wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Exal wrote:
dewwy wrote:
Compared to duotone, north hasn't done a whole lot on social media. Curious to see how the european market will develop, especially in the netherlands/germany.

The coming weeks will be so interesting esp. with Duotone releasing a new kite every couple of weeks :-)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:44 pm

dewwy wrote:
Exal wrote:
dewwy wrote:

maybe because they are not on the market yet??

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: No brand affiliation

Postby alexeyga » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:53 pm

dewwy wrote:

Compared to everybody else, doodle-shoondel has done way too much on social media to picture them selves as a needy bitch who's trying too hard... All while putting exactly zero effort in making their very unattractively-named proposition any more interesting for end buyers. IMHO the inertia of having a developed sales network will only get them so far.

And I won't speak for everybody, but when I get something (like idiotic brand name) forced down my throat on social medias, from every possible ange, a gazillion times per day - I tend to develop a vomiting syndrome. So dear Duotone, thanks but I'll spend my money on another Epic kite before I'd even consider buying anything from you.

Return to “Kitesurfing”