Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Duotone 2020

Forum for kitesurfers
Leon van Bergen
Frequent Poster
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebels 6M, 8m & 11m, 17m Roca, on my Lieuwe Shotgun
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby Leon van Bergen » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:59 pm


Exal
Frequent Poster
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:38 am
Kiting since: 2018
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby Exal » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:08 pm

What I hate most about that product clip is that it shows me how gullible I am. Send help please.

Leon van Bergen
Frequent Poster
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebels 6M, 8m & 11m, 17m Roca, on my Lieuwe Shotgun
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby Leon van Bergen » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:56 pm

Exal wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:08 pm
What I hate most about that product clip is that it shows me how gullible I am. Send help please.
Hahahaha +1

luca
Medium Poster
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:56 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby luca » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:33 pm

I want to change from Bandit 2019 to Duotone. Which kite you would chose for big boosting in strong winds and for lighter winds for foiling? Not so easy. Normally I use 6,8,10,12 Bandit 2019 and they did all quite good. I am not sure of the Dice 2020 jumps better then the Bandit or to choose the Rebel. But I think in 12 the Rebel will not relaunch as good as the Bandit in 8-10 knots for foiling.. quite difficult ;)

Exal
Frequent Poster
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:38 am
Kiting since: 2018
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby Exal » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:56 pm

luca wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:33 pm
I want to change from Bandit 2019 to Duotone. Which kite you would chose for big boosting in strong winds and for lighter winds for foiling? Not so easy. Normally I use 6,8,10,12 Bandit 2019 and they did all quite good. I am not sure of the Dice 2020 jumps better then the Bandit or to choose the Rebel. But I think in 12 the Rebel will not relaunch as good as the Bandit in 8-10 knots for foiling.. quite difficult ;)
Sounds like Evo, maybe Rebel. A german review website made a video saying that they managed to relaunch the 12m Evo in 8 knots. Maybe you like the Dice more after all, you have to test but I'd say Evo>Rebel>Dice. With the Evo you might even be able to go 7,9,12 since the windrange is bonkers. (This opinion mainly comes from talking to people on the beach and watching guys kite, I only have the 12m Evo)

wrogu
Frequent Poster
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:12 am
Kiting since: 1
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby wrogu » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:44 am

luca wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:33 pm
I want to change from Bandit 2019 to Duotone. Which kite you would chose for big boosting in strong winds and for lighter winds for foiling? Not so easy. Normally I use 6,8,10,12 Bandit 2019 and they did all quite good. I am not sure of the Dice 2020 jumps better then the Bandit or to choose the Rebel. But I think in 12 the Rebel will not relaunch as good as the Bandit in 8-10 knots for foiling.. quite difficult ;)
5th line is the answer if you are really afraid of super low wind relaunch. You will relaunch in lighter winds than ever before.

luca
Medium Poster
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:56 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby luca » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:15 am

That’s right.
The next question is what kite to chose if you come from bandit 2019

Strekke
Frequent Poster
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:56 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: 2016 North Mono 12m, 2017 Naish Dash 10 & 8, 2018 Naish Slash 6 & 9, Firewire Vader, 5'2, 2017 F-One Acid, 2017 Sroka Freeride Foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby Strekke » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 am

People always want 1 type of kite, but why? "They fly the same and it's what you get used to" is only true to some extent, a 12 will always handle differently from a 9. And eventually you dial into your kites anyways if you ride them long enough. So get the type of kite for the conditions you are going to use it in. So lightwind foiling days and some TT floaty boosting get a 12m Mono, and for stronger days get a Dice/Evo/Rebel. I think coming off bandits, Evo or maybe Dice will be closest.

Leon van Bergen
Frequent Poster
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebels 6M, 8m & 11m, 17m Roca, on my Lieuwe Shotgun
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby Leon van Bergen » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:15 am

Strekke wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 am
People always want 1 type of kite, but why? "They fly the same and it's what you get used to" is only true to some extent, a 12 will always handle differently from a 9. And eventually you dial into your kites anyways if you ride them long enough. So get the type of kite for the conditions you are going to use it in. So lightwind foiling days and some TT floaty boosting get a 12m Mono, and for stronger days get a Dice/Evo/Rebel. I think coming off bandits, Evo or maybe Dice will be closest.
True, I have the 6,8 &11 Rebel and a 15m Juice from Duotone so I cover a wind range from 12 till 50 knots.

luca
Medium Poster
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:56 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby luca » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:06 am

Any1 knows how the Dice compares to the Bandit in jumping performance?


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Frozenfox, Google [Bot], tegirinenashi and 24 guests

cron