Forum for kitesurfers
droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, SP Boarding, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Re: Aluula? New Revolutionary Material from Ocean Rodeo

Postby droffats » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:20 am

Boosted on the 12m Flite again today. Totally overpowered and had the Pilot bar trim strap pulled all the way down. It's nuts how solid that airframe is. I can't imagine being in control enough to boost and fly on any other kite with the trim all the way in. I then went in and after switching the pigtails went back out in the same conditions with an 8m Pivot. All this on super flat water inland lake no more than ankle bitter chop. I realized on the Pivot I had developed some sloppy handling after landing a downwind hangtime as the Aluulas just drift and the Pivot didn't.
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 2.JPG (30.12 KiB) Viewed 630 times
Attachments
Capture.JPG

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotgun
Ozone Enduro V2s
Flite 14.5 Aluula
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby iriejohn » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:11 am

Gestalt wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:11 am
I'm considering getting an Aluula Roam 8m, and am wondering what brand/model of bar to get for it. Is the Ocean Rodeo bar for this kite any good, or does anyone have any other better quality recommendations?
Get a bar with SK99 lines or equivalent. I fly my Aluula kite on Ozone bars which have SK99 lines, but a friend has a Duotone 2021 Trust bar and the new lines are very nice.
These users thanked the author iriejohn for the post:
Gestalt (Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:41 am)
Rating: 8.33%

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos), Milos & Agios Nikolaos (Lefkada)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m, Switchblade 7m, Contra 13m, Ozone Enduro V2 9m & V3 11m, CrazyFly Raptor LTD

Postby zlatko23 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:42 am

Gestalt wrote:
I'm considering getting an Aluula Roam 8m, and am wondering what brand/model of bar to get for it. Is the Ocean Rodeo bar for this kite any good, or does anyone have any other better quality recommendations?
Ocean Rodeo's Shift bar is one of the best offerings on the market for me - if you enjoy a thicker grip, but lighter bar and can get used to steering lines trim adjustement. It also uses SK-99 lines(22m) from Liros. I fly my Ozone Enduros with it and it feels better to me than the 25m lines Ozone bar - the feel is noticeably more direct and connected.

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:58 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:11 am
Gestalt wrote:
Get a bar with SK99 lines or equivalent. I fly my Aluula kite on Ozone bars which have SK99 lines, but a friend has a Duotone 2021 Trust bar and the new lines are very nice.
I'm pretty sure the Pilot Bar now comes with the Liros lines as well, so you will be fine with either of the Ocean Rodeo bars.
Ozone bars have a smaller throw.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V5, 11/14 Enduro v2, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M, Alpha V1 8/10M, Hyperlink V1 9/12m, Chrono V3 13M UL Axis Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:54 pm

zlatko23 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:42 am
Gestalt wrote:
Ocean Rodeo's Shift bar is one of the best offerings on the market for me - if you enjoy a thicker grip, but lighter bar and can get used to steering lines trim adjustement. It also uses SK-99 lines(22m) from Liros. I fly my Ozone Enduros with it and it feels better to me than the 25m lines Ozone bar - the feel is noticeably more direct and connected.
Just to let you know Ozone lines are SK99 and as far as I'm aware we were the first to switch to high modulus SK99, and are the best lines I've used. They are rated at 500/300KG breaking strain which makes them one of the strongest or the strongest on the market. They feel very direct and there is zero stretch in normal use. Buy a set of Ozone pigtails and they suit any brand of kite too.

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos), Milos & Agios Nikolaos (Lefkada)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m, Switchblade 7m, Contra 13m, Ozone Enduro V2 9m & V3 11m, CrazyFly Raptor LTD

Postby zlatko23 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:28 am

@Ozone Kites AUS - Ozone bars are high quality, no arguing here :) Just sharing my experience - I like my Enduros flown on a shorter, high quality lines. The Liros DC-401 are rated at 580kg, the steering and power lines on OR Shift bar are the same thickness/strength.

Aberdovy kiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 83 kgs
Local Beach: West coastline of mid wales, encompassing aberdovy, harlech, borth, barmouth
Favorite Beaches: Aberdovy mid wales
Style: Freestyle, freeride
Gear: North rebels 10, 13
Flysurfer 15m speed delux
Nobile T5 140x44
Crazyfly raptor pro 132x41

Postby Aberdovy kiter » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:45 am

Anyone in the uk managed to get an aluula kite, ordered mine just over 2 months ago, still waiting, seems that retailers waiting on stock from factory, is there stock in the us?

leeuwen
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Small air :D
Gear: Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m, Core XR6 8M, XR5 10 /12 / 17M, Moses Onda, Crazy Fly Raptor LTD Neon, Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:32 am

Aberdovy kiter wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:45 am
Anyone in the uk managed to get an aluula kite, ordered mine just over 2 months ago, still waiting, seems that retailers waiting on stock from factory, is there stock in the us?
I got my kite 2 weeks ago in NL. The shop had a few coming in. Not sure when the shop ordered them but I put myself on the list end of august. ( I guess they ordered a bunch early this year and assumed they would be able to sell them )
So they are shipping some around the world for sure.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotgun
Ozone Enduro V2s
Flite 14.5 Aluula
Duotone Fish

Postby iriejohn » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:38 am

Aberdovy kiter wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:45 am
I'm on the South coast (West Sussex). In late July got my Flite 14.5 Aluula which I ordered in February.

nixmatters
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:27 am

Ozone Kites AUS wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:54 pm
zlatko23 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:42 am
Gestalt wrote:
Just to let you know Ozone lines are SK99 and as far as I'm aware we were the first to switch to high modulus SK99, and are the best lines I've used. They are rated at 500/300KG breaking strain which makes them one of the strongest or the strongest on the market. They feel very direct and there is zero stretch in normal use. Buy a set of Ozone pigtails and they suit any brand of kite too.
As a matter of fact, the 500kg Ozone lines have an average breaking strength above 600kg. I've seen test reports showing upto 640kg BS. Testing was done on a professional Instron machine equipped for lines/ropes tensile strength test, not a garage jig with a load cell.

Return to “Kitesurfing”