Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Forum for kitesurfers
Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:10 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Postby Mossy 757 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:08 am
#Refugeesplaining #virtuesignalling #kiteboarding
I was going to say more like #gatekeeping

Can we just assume in good-faith that OP is not talking about defrauding the government of a foreign country for political asylum, we're just using the word "refugee" as a little tongue-in-cheek stand-in for "expat"?

Goavegas
Rare Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:25 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Grado
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Tarifa ,
Gear: Cabrinha FX 10 - 8 X-Caliber
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Postby Goavegas » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:19 pm

You may try in Libya.

User avatar
Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3321
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Postby Bille » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:55 am

Mossy 757 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 pm
...

Can we just assume in good-faith that OP is not talking about defrauding the government of a foreign country for political asylum, we're just
using the word "refugee" as a little tongue-in-cheek stand-in for "expat"?
That is how took it ; and why did everyone , get so serious ?

If i wasn't a legless Old-guy ; i'd learn to kiteboard -- tandem , with a passenger, and
sell rides for a living. I did that with a hang glider, for 15 years ; traveled
all over the place for free !

Bille

JaZone
Medium Poster
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 2:14 am
Kiting since: 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Postby JaZone » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:11 pm

Mossy 757 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 pm
longwhitecloud wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:08 am
#Refugeesplaining #virtuesignalling #kiteboarding
I was going to say more like #gatekeeping

Can we just assume in good-faith that OP is not talking about defrauding the government of a foreign country for political asylum, we're just using the word "refugee" as a little tongue-in-cheek stand-in for "expat"?
Claim welfare is an indication the person
Doesn’t want to work.
The money for nothing part is not cool, in
My opinion , if that’s the intent.

As others have mentioned , kiting is a marketable skill.
Teach some people , and pull your own weight.

Or, be a scammer. 🤷‍♂️

Please let us know , either way. 😄

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1458
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:49 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Postby knotwindy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 am

Seems a lot of folks on here have bought into the
‘You’re only worth what you can produce’ thing.
It’s not the only way to be useful on this planet. But go right ahead and work hard until you retire decrepit & die.

User avatar
bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Alkita boards
Zeeko foil
GK Trix
Enduro9
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast
Location: Te Wai Pounamu
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Contact:

Re: Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Postby bragnouff » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:38 am

knotwindy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 am
Seems a lot of folks on here have bought into the
‘You’re only worth what you can produce’ thing.
It’s not the only way to be useful on this planet. But go right ahead and work hard until you retire decrepit & die.
There's nothing wrong with being out of the rat race, downsizing, living cheap, living off grid, avoid consumerism, outside of society, etc... but it only becomes questionable once you ask for taxpayers to fund your beach bum lifestyle forever.
Having the safety net of hospitals and health care, and having some form of law and order, and some education for the kids, it all comes at a price. And if you just want those benefits but not contribute anything towards that, by choice, then, to me, you're pretty much just a parasite. And forcing the ones in the system to work harder for you when they surely would prefer to step down a little bit as well.
These users thanked the author bragnouff for the post:
cor (Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:36 am)
Rating: 10%

User avatar
Peert
Frequent Poster
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 am
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Amsterdam
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Postby Peert » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:08 pm

bragnouff wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:38 am
knotwindy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 am
Seems a lot of folks on here have bought into the
‘You’re only worth what you can produce’ thing.
It’s not the only way to be useful on this planet. But go right ahead and work hard until you retire decrepit & die.
There's nothing wrong with being out of the rat race, downsizing, living cheap, living off grid, avoid consumerism, outside of society, etc... but it only becomes questionable once you ask for taxpayers to fund your beach bum lifestyle forever.
Having the safety net of hospitals and health care, and having some form of law and order, and some education for the kids, it all comes at a price. And if you just want those benefits but not contribute anything towards that, by choice, then, to me, you're pretty much just a parasite. And forcing the ones in the system to work harder for you when they surely would prefer to step down a little bit as well.
I fully agree.
But Bragnouff; Don't expect parasites to agree with this opinion. They will likely justify their behaviours with some silly reasoning like: "the 'system' allows it so it is okay to do. I didn't make these rules, just using it."
These users thanked the author Peert for the post:
SalmonSlayer (Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:07 pm)
Rating: 10%

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1458
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:49 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Postby knotwindy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:11 pm

Nah, I don’t really care all that much either way but I think the justification might be why help support a corrupt and unfixable system to continue destroying everything it touches, even including itself.

User avatar
Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3321
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Postby Bille » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Edit : Probably shouldn't say that Bille . :nono:

elguapo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:01 pm
Favorite Beaches: cabarete, kanaha
Gear: ..
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Best country to be a refugee in claim welfare and kitesurf all day forever

Postby elguapo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:25 am

knotwindy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:11 pm
Nah, I don’t really care all that much either way but I think the justification might be why help support a corrupt and unfixable system to continue destroying everything it touches, even including itself.
Image


i blame the hippies.
personally.

they already ruined california, and managed turned seattle into a literal heroin addicted pile of poo (in 10 years)...and now they're trying to ruin the great state of texas by bringing their commie voting habits when they move into the state.

some folks don't realize that they reason they lost their jobs...was because they kept voting for people that raised taxes on/increased cost of doing business for their employers


my proposed solution is to require hippie types to relocate and then restrict their movements to inside austin city limits until they learn to stop voting irresponsibly...
austin is already weird..and already a lost cause. the city is more californian than anywhere in california.

..or simply take away voting rights of all liberals.

that works too... the benefit is decisions will be made by the responsible adults of society (and not by parasite voting to get more "free" stuff or to get others to pay for their hobbies/insecurities)


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill, Bing [Bot], Jay0932, maxriderkite and 21 guests

cron