DJI Osmo Action first kite sessions

Forum for kitesurfers
haiku
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards
Has thanked: 0

DJI Osmo Action first kite sessions

Postby haiku » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:27 am

The Osmo Action is the first waterproof action cam produced by DJI. After few sessions with It I made this video in which I show some features. Overall for aquatic sport I really love the hydrophobic lens that prevent water drops on It. The video quality mathces the GoPro 7 Black and the Rock Steady video stabilisation is close to the Hypersmooth. Unlike the GP 7 Black It is possible to shooting a video in HDR mode. Unfortunately the FOV (field of view) is only 145°, in this regards the GP7 stands still apart with the Superview mode. The fish eye effect is reduced even without the dewarp function on. The front screen can be useful for vlogging. The Osmo Action’s frame uses the universal two-pronged mount, so it’s compatible with a large number of GoPro accessories. I recently bought a set of Neewer filters but sadly I experienced a fogging issue on those lens during the latest two sessions, I'll keep you posted about that. Unfortunately the on off sounds are almost inaudible in the water. Overall I really happy with this new action cam but in some ways the GoPro 7 Black is still my favourite.

Cheers

Carlo
These users thanked the author haiku for the post:
POACHER (Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:03 pm)
Rating: 10%

Return to “Kitesurfing”