Brand Affiliation: None.

2019 Hood Jam - July 21-27 - Hood River

Postby Toby » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:38 pm

jam.png

The 2019 Hood Jam presented by Wind Voyager Authentic Apparel
July 21st - 27th
Hood River Marina Park, Hood River, Oregon, USA

12 days to GO!!!
The pressure is on as we count down the last couple weeks before the start of the 2019 Hood Jam presented by Wind Voyager Authentic Apparel. 34 riders representing 13 countries have confirmed their registration! Expectations are high and many of the riders have already arrived in the Hood River area. With equal prize amounts for both men's and women's podiums, the steaks are higher than ever for the women's division. They are looking to send BIG tricks in the challenging Gorge winds and have a quality time with the entire Kite Park League family!

"I am hoping for an amazing time at the 2019 Hood Jam that's for sure! The vibes in Hood are always amazing, and I hope that the KPL family will come together in classic fashion and put on an amazing event this year. I think it is going to be hard to find separation in the riders, and it will be the person that adapts to the gusty variable conditions found in Hood River. No matter what it should be fun!"
- Brandon Scheid

"The Hood Jam is such a fun event to compete in. Last year, we had some very challenging features set up in the park, as well as amazing conditions all week long. I would love to win this one, but my number one goal is to land a few solid tricks to show the kiteboarding progression in the women division. We are getting paid equally to men, and we really are pushing our boundaries to the next level."
- Karolina Winkowska

"The Hood Jam its definitely the event where I feel the most part of a KPL family. We are all hanging together doing missions, bringing friends, and having an awesome time. Hope this year we get a skitzy setup to ride at the event. About tricks my expectation its not to get the hardest trick but get a bigger bag of them, practice more switch and new inverts."
- Ramiro Gallart

"I been trying to get some sort of live scoring system in place for the Kite Park League events this year. I think it’s the key to raising engagement at our events so that everyone at the beach knows what's going on without an announcer."
- Eric Rienstra

In the past years, Kite Park League was focused on making sure the riders were having the best time in and out of the water. This year the goal is to make the social media and digital platforms more engaging and exciting for the fans. That said we are working on a more engaging social media experience, live scoring platform, and Facebook LIVE video during the upcoming event. Only 12 days left until the opening day!

Return to “Kitesurfing”