Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Enduro - user opinions

Forum for kitesurfers
nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Ozone Enduro - user opinions

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:02 am

I know its change over season at the moment so anyone who can get a discount is selling their kites but anyone care to dish the dirt about the Ozone Enduro v2? My local facebook buy-n-sell is full of them for sale. I'm used to seeing quivers of Vegas's turning up reliably cheaply every year at this time of year and there's normally a spike of one model or another as soon as the new version has a press release - but I haven't heard a sniff of a new Ozone Enduro release. Have they managed to keep this a secret amongst the Aluua noise? Or is there something that people just get tired of with the Enduro?

Anyone who has tested one care to suggest why the big turn over of one particular model? Is it just that the marketing is a little misleading and people are buying an Enduro when they would be better on an edge or reo?

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Re: Ozone Enduro - user opinions

Postby Havre » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:43 am

My guess is that Ozone sold a lot of new Enduros - so you see more of them being sold second hand?

Riding Enduros myself (v1 though) I tend to get talking with others on the same kite. Not met a single kiter that do not like them. Obviously not statistically significant or anything, but it would surprise me if these are being sold mainly because they are not good kites (obviously some would want something else).

And I highly doubt that a bunch of v2 owners are selling them because they know there is a v3 around the corner - if that is what you are implying.

ScoopZ
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Scotland.
Style: Catching bumps/carving.
Gear: Ozone 2014 Cats - 10/12.
Airush 5'6" Cypher
Airush Sector 60.

Postby ScoopZ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:15 am

There's going to be a new edge and zephyr before a new enduro comes out. I'd guess it's just a coincidence, at the moment there are large discounts on closeouts of other brands and its been out for what feels like two seasons now.

I have some Cats before the enduro introduction, the only problem is with foiling. They are not great at the low end and prone to stall (10m especially), the lightweight ozone construction does not make them outperform other brands like cabrinha/naish/LF with foil boards.

Thankfully they have introduced the alpha.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 am

nothing2seehere wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:02 am
I know its change over season at the moment so anyone who can get a discount is selling their kites but anyone care to dish the dirt about the Ozone Enduro v2? My local facebook buy-n-sell is full of them for sale. I'm used to seeing quivers of Vegas's turning up reliably cheaply every year at this time of year and there's normally a spike of one model or another as soon as the new version has a press release - but I haven't heard a sniff of a new Ozone Enduro release. Have they managed to keep this a secret amongst the Aluua noise? Or is there something that people just get tired of with the Enduro?

Anyone who has tested one care to suggest why the big turn over of one particular model? Is it just that the marketing is a little misleading and people are buying an Enduro when they would be better on an edge or reo?

why not simply ask folks selling them on those facebook groups... "why are they selling?"

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:38 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:02 am
... stuff ...
I kite in WW. Plenty of Ozone kites on the beach but haven't seen any Enduros or other Ozone kites for sale. Had my Enduro V2's since November 2017 and not selling them. Think the Enduro V3 might be due second half of 2020, certainly not this year from what I hear.

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:24 pm

It is too lite, not boring enough and appears to be one of those fun kites, has too many options to change the flying characteristics and flies too stable in gusty conditions.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:29 pm

Just a curious question really as it seems unusual. I'm looking at Kitebay which I guess is a global group so may throw up a larger statistical sample size than you'd normally see.

Wasn't going to ask why people are selling as I'm not sure I'd get an honest answer. If I were selling one, I may well emphasise the reasons I thought it was a good kite, rather than the reasons it turned out not to be good for me. Standard marketing you see from the kite companies. Nobody points at their freestyle kite and states its going to suck for foiling.

Hence opening up the question to the wider, less incentive driven audience. Ozone ,by reputation make well performing products so can only think a lot of people bought without being able to test?

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:16 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:29 pm
... so can only think a lot of people bought without being able to test?
I guess you can add the above supposition to your previous supposition:
wrote:... the marketing is a little misleading and people are buying an Enduro when they would be better on an edge or reo?

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:29 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:29 pm
Just a curious question really as it seems unusual. I'm looking at Kitebay which I guess is a global group so may throw up a larger statistical sample size than you'd normally see.

Wasn't going to ask why people are selling as I'm not sure I'd get an honest answer. If I were selling one, I may well emphasise the reasons I thought it was a good kite, rather than the reasons it turned out not to be good for me. Standard marketing you see from the kite companies. Nobody points at their freestyle kite and states its going to suck for foiling.

Hence opening up the question to the wider, less incentive driven audience. Ozone ,by reputation make well performing products so can only think a lot of people bought without being able to test?
well.
that's you.

i turn over all my kites every year and i'm pretty upfront & honest with questions..
pros and cons.
never had any issue selling a my old kites.

prices are determined by the market(and condition of kite)...not really because i have the new(not released) 9m on the way and i no longer need/want a 12m

again, it doesnt hurt to ask.

BOEMIX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sant Pere Pescador (Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Etang de l'Eole, La Franqui (France)
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Kites: ozone: Flusurfer Soul15m, Flusurfer Peak 11m, Flysurfer Peak 8m, Ozone access 6m, Ozone Enduro 7 and 10m, Ozone Edge 13m,
Boards: Naish Bullet 5,4, Liewe Shotgun 138x41, Custom Saul 145x45, Custom Race TTBoard, Custom Rikyshapes foil board with Sabfoil.

For winging: Duotone 5'5 Aluula Unit, Takuma Ride3 5m, Cabrinha Mantis 4m, Slinshot 3'2, and also Custom Rikyshapes winging with Sabfoil as the biard/foil.

Postby BOEMIX » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:29 pm

I have a 10 enduro v1 and I'm so disapointed that I'm selling my 13m edge to get a 14m enduro...

Really the possibility of tweak the kite characteristics make the Enduro a great allround kite. I don't like freestyle setting cause it has too high bar pressure, but the freeride setting is very good for boosting an kiteloops and also good hangtime (not like an edge, obviously), but if you want ultimate turning speed and light bar pressure, switch to the wave setting and you have a totally diferent kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”