Crescent Beach NS
The Gorge
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish/Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Valves after bladder replacement : Switch Kite

Postby CanadianGringo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:03 pm

Hey all - I put a new bladder in my Switch Kite Helium 3.
To do so, I obviously had to pull the valves off that connects 3 struts two 3 valves on bladder. This requires taking thread off the rubber tubes that was there to hold the rubber tubes on properly and tight.

As a quick measure to get back on water I used zip ties. Surprised they don’t work better - one came off quite easily despite being fastened pretty tight

I guess my question is as follows: aside from using thread and fastening the rubber valves as was done at the factory, is there a better way to secure these valves?
I

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Valves after bladder replacement : Switch Kite

Postby OzBungy » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:08 pm

No. Do it the same as the factory. Why would you do it any other way? Switch have videos that show you exactly how to do it. It's easy. The thread is not necessary.

CanadianGringo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Northern Ontario Lakes
Great Lakes
Favorite Beaches: Lake Simcoe
Squamish
Crescent Beach NS
The Gorge
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish/Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Valves after bladder replacement : Switch Kite

Postby CanadianGringo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:56 pm

Thanks for advice. Ya I saw the video. Will try no thread. I am just wondering why when it comes from the factory the thread is so tight you can’t even put the valve tube thing back to the point where you need to cut the thread off. It seems the thread is integral to the valves staying on. Anyway like I said I will give it a go and I assume it’s going to work cause it sounds like you know from experience.

Return to “Kitesurfing”