Forum for kitesurfers
BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Duotone Rebel 2020

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:01 am

How would a 2020 Rebel fly on a standard 4 line Naish Bar ? It looks like the Duotone bar still has a high "Y" split ? or are all four lines now the same length ? The 7m rebel looks a sweet storm kite for boosting.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dirk » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:10 am

You could use a split point adjuster like this: https://www.kiteattitude.fr/en/74-rehausseur-de-y.html

Surfkiternew
Medium Poster
Gear: All

Postby Surfkiternew » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:37 am

Rebel fly Better without High y

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Surfkiternew wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:37 am
Rebel fly Better without High y
Interesting because I would prefer him without Y, what is that based on?

Surfkiternew
Medium Poster

Postby Surfkiternew » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:37 pm

More and more duotone prorider use low V....Better feeling ecc ecc

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:29 pm

How is the 2020 9m for jumping then ? The 2019 got a brilliant review from Kiteworld magazine, they rated it one of the best ever jumping kites in terms of "easy boosting" and "big hang time". Who rides with a low "V" (as opposed to a high "Y") ?

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:27 pm

BillyGoatGruff wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:29 pm
How is the 2020 9m for jumping then ? The 2019 got a brilliant review from Kiteworld magazine, they rated it one of the best ever jumping kites in terms of "easy boosting" and "big hang time". Who rides with a low "V" (as opposed to a high "Y") ?
I don't know any pro boosters using a low v and I am always looking what the boys are doing. But there is only one guy that loves boosting on the rebel, check YouTube for Erik Blokker. The pros like Lasse are probably only on it because king of the air has 70% height as a criteria again and looping on rebel and xr is pretty good now, rebel improved in 2019. Airton and the freestyle guys often have a low v but they are not big air riders I am interested in. Try it out, it will fly but the kite was designed for a high split and flying characteristics will change.

I heard ppl say there is no difference between 2020 and 2019 rebel and I also talked to two guys on the beach who had the 2020 and said they don't know. I just recently bought a 9m rebel from 2019 and like the kite. Good low end, easy to go from 12 to 9m, easy to hold down power in choppy water or in general when you have an inconsistent edge. Meaning the kite won't yank around like a dice. Bar pressure powered up is not light, if your elbows are hurting easily that might be a deal breaker. Hangtime is sick, especially when powered.

As an alternative you could try the new edge v10 if you can, heard good things about the kite and has a low V.

Surfkiternew
Medium Poster

Postby Surfkiternew » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:13 am

Exal wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:27 pm
BillyGoatGruff wrote:
I don't know any pro boosters using a low v and I am always looking what the boys are doing. But there is only one guy that loves boosting on the rebel, check YouTube for Erik Blokker. The pros like Lasse are probably only on it because king of the air has 70% height as a criteria again and looping on rebel and xr is pretty good now, rebel improved in 2019. Airton and the freestyle guys often have a low v but they are not big air riders I am interested in. Try it out, it will fly but the kite was designed for a high split and flying characteristics will change.

I heard ppl say there is no difference between 2020 and 2019 rebel and I also talked to two guys on the beach who had the 2020 and said they don't know. I just recently bought a 9m rebel from 2019 and like the kite. Good low end, easy to go from 12 to 9m, easy to hold down power in choppy water or in general when you have an inconsistent edge. Meaning the kite won't yank around like a dice. Bar pressure powered up is not light, if your elbows are hurting easily that might be a deal breaker. Hangtime is sick, especially when powered.

As an alternative you could try the new edge v10 if you can, heard good things about the kite and has a low V.
Its clear u dont know what u are talking about....

apollo4000
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Camber / Lancing / Whitstable
Favorite Beaches: The next one
Style: trying hard
Gear: All sorts
Brand Affiliation: Nope. Just a regular Joe.

Postby apollo4000 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:51 pm

Surfkiternew wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:13 am
Exal wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:27 pm
BillyGoatGruff wrote:

Its clear u dont know what u are talking about....
Yet no evidence you do either. Lol.

TheFacts
Rare Poster
Gear: Duotone, Airush, Ikon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby TheFacts » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:53 am

Exal wrote: ↑
"I heard ppl say there is no difference between 2020 and 2019 rebel and I also talked to two guys on the beach who had the 2020 and said they don't know."

You been listening to the wrong people - some fairly big differences like no more pulleys on the bridles, thinner leading edge etc....

Return to “Kitesurfing”