Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Forum for kitesurfers
ScoopZ
Medium Poster
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:36 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Scotland.
Style: Catching bumps/carving.
Gear: Ozone 2014 Cats - 10/12.
Airush 5'6" Cypher
Airush Sector 60.
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby ScoopZ » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:42 pm

ichabod wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:16 pm
Does anyone know if you can purchase the metal backing plate required to convert hook -> rope anywhere?
I don't think they sell the bar to make the mini loop but you can add the rope add-on to the hook for a dual setup.

User avatar
purdyd
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:00 am
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 175 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby purdyd » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:08 pm

alunj wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:54 pm
I had my first issue yesterday. Some sand got in the lever . I couldn’t get out ! Ended up loosening the straps then wriggling out of the harness . I just couldn’t get enogh force on the lever , once out a coin as a lever undid it . There were just a few grains of our very fine sand had wedged it a bit . Was quit funny for a while; how can I escape . Then I thought old way just loosen the straps . Never happened before but this sand is super fine and blows about everywhere . I like the spreader tho it’s just the job and would buy again
That would be one of my minor complaints is that it is hard to get a grip to open it up. The recess for your fingers need to be bigger. I often use two hands to open it up. Sometimes I can’t if I get it really tight and have to loosen the webbing.

Also, it would be nice to have a bit more material at the end of the clasp to leverage it closed.

That and a knife pocket.
These users thanked the author purdyd for the post:
POACHER (Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:17 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80-81kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 441 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby iriejohn » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:39 pm

purdyd wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:08 pm
alunj wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:54 pm
I had my first issue yesterday. Some sand got in the lever . I couldn’t get out ! Ended up loosening the straps then wriggling out of the harness . I just couldn’t get enogh force on the lever , once out a coin as a lever undid it . There were just a few grains of our very fine sand had wedged it a bit . Was quit funny for a while; how can I escape . Then I thought old way just loosen the straps . Never happened before but this sand is super fine and blows about everywhere . I like the spreader tho it’s just the job and would buy again
That would be one of my minor complaints is that it is hard to get a grip to open it up. The recess for your fingers need to be bigger. I often use two hands to open it up. Sometimes I can’t if I get it really tight and have to loosen the webbing.

Also, it would be nice to have a bit more material at the end of the clasp to leverage it closed.

That and a knife pocket.
With bare fingers I can open it but with gloves on I can't. Would help to have small "wings" to get fingers behind.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1909
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:49 am
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby knotwindy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:55 pm

Can you drill 2 small holes and slide a rope/loop through to grab?
These users thanked the author knotwindy for the post:
iriejohn (Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:46 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80-81kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 441 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby iriejohn » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:46 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Can you drill 2 small holes and slide a rope/loop through to grab?
You, you could, but I don't know if/how much that would weaken the lever. It does take quite a lot of force to close the buckle lever when you want it super tight. But I'll have a look at the possibility of looping a length of rope around the buckle instead of drilling holes. Good point.

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:52 pm
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi. Here's a link to the correct kit to convert a Stealth Hook bar to Rope. You'll note it has the short middle loop in place of the hook.

https://www.mysticboarding.com/products ... ts-#000000

By contrast you can see how the hook is attached here:

https://www.mysticboarding.com/products ... ts-#000000

It was never the intention for this product to enable a quick conversion from rope to hook between sessions. It's for sure a bit technical to do this and not something you'd want to do on the hood of your car at a windy beach with your wetsuit on.

Having said that, as has been noted in the thread already unless the rider is unhooking, the centre mini loop is pretty epic for most riders and it's pretty awesome to be able to switch between full rope and mini rope.

Please let me know if I can provide any clarification on the 2 kits. .
Attachments
96462_e707b16ffbdc0ce238b1ba293a28404e9e612014.jpg
Stealth Kite
102080_fede015cfd6b79834bc7ca36141c0bdc2dcd8339.jpg
Stealth Surf/Rope
These users thanked the author mattaiken MYS NKB for the post:
zlatko23 (Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:44 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:48 pm
Gear: ¤°
Location: Great Lakes
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby POACHER » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:20 pm

mattaiken MYS NKB,

Hey do you guys offer the new freeride loop kit for Stealth bars?

I wouldn't mind swapping my kite hook out for this.
106713_3a3e7d5bdb760f4e95ab55146e3aa6820148b3d9.jpg

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 707
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:53 pm
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby alford » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:29 am

POACHER wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:20 pm
mattaiken MYS NKB,

Hey do you guys offer the new freeride loop kit for Stealth bars?

I wouldn't mind swapping my kite hook out for this.

106713_3a3e7d5bdb760f4e95ab55146e3aa6820148b3d9.jpg
Is this for real or for fools only?

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:52 pm
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:35 pm

POACHER wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:20 pm
mattaiken MYS NKB,

Hey do you guys offer the new freeride loop kit for Stealth bars?

I wouldn't mind swapping my kite hook out for this.

106713_3a3e7d5bdb760f4e95ab55146e3aa6820148b3d9.jpg
Hi, this bar will indeed be available this summer. We expect delivery late May in the USA. There will be a conversion kit also expected end of May.
These users thanked the author mattaiken MYS NKB for the post:
POACHER (Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:31 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:52 pm
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:38 pm

alford wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:29 am
POACHER wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:20 pm
mattaiken MYS NKB,

Hey do you guys offer the new freeride loop kit for Stealth bars?

I wouldn't mind swapping my kite hook out for this.

106713_3a3e7d5bdb760f4e95ab55146e3aa6820148b3d9.jpg
Is this for real or for fools only?
There's plenty of threads on this site proposing just this sort of solution to accidental (foul) hooking.
These users thanked the author mattaiken MYS NKB for the post:
POACHER (Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:31 pm)
Rating: 6.67%


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 69 guests