Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Forum for kitesurfers
User avatar
POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:48 pm
Gear: ¤°
Location: Great Lakes
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby POACHER » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:30 pm

Yes exactly.

Don't need the surf slider, not going to unhook, no more Clickbar donkey dink, no chance of foul hookup.

This is probably what a majority of kiters should be using.

https://www.mysticboarding.com/products ... ar-#000000
These users thanked the author POACHER for the post:
purdyd (Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:39 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

mar menor
Frequent Poster
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:03 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: mar menor,Spain
Favorite Beaches: Mar Menor,los narejos ,santa pola ,la llana,
Gear: Ozone Alpha 10 & 8 Catalyst 6 ,Ozone Enduro 10 & 8 ,Groove skate and moses 633,
Boards-north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Location: Murcia,Spain
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby mar menor » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:53 pm

I have the stealth with surf spreader is it possible to buy the 'steel closed halo loop' to replace the small dyneema loop ? (in Europe)

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 707
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:53 pm
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby alford » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:20 pm

This is great news, not a new innovation by any means but an option that should always be available. Thank you Mystic!

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:52 pm
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:42 pm

mar menor wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:53 pm
I have the stealth with surf spreader is it possible to buy the 'steel closed halo loop' to replace the small dyneema loop ? (in Europe)
The Freeride set up is intended to be loop only, not loop and rope. Sorry I don't have an image to share of the conversion kit.
There's images on this site of riders adding the stealth rope to their hook bar. I personally don't like the looks of this set up as I'm questioning how the CL (or what ever you're attaching with) travels with a fixed hook also in place. Also personally I like my rope really short and it always looks to me like riders have to run their rope long to achieve this set up. I believe this would be the same scenario if you were to try to add the rope to the new Freeride set up.

This conversion kit should be available in USA and EU end of May (no guarantees on this timeline in the current environment).

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80-81kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 441 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby iriejohn » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:22 pm

POACHER wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:30 pm
Yes exactly.

Don't need the surf slider, not going to unhook, no more Clickbar donkey dink, no chance of foul hookup.

This is probably what a majority of kiters should be using.

https://www.mysticboarding.com/products ... ar-#000000
Depends what you want to do.

With the surf/rope slider toeside is easier, going upwind is easier, manoeuvrability is increased, ...

gabylon
Rare Poster
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:49 am
Gear: Core XR6 9m, Rebel 11m, Rebel 13 m, Duotone Jaime
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby gabylon » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:10 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:46 pm
knotwindy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Can you drill 2 small holes and slide a rope/loop through to grab?
You, you could, but I don't know if/how much that would weaken the lever. It does take quite a lot of force to close the buckle lever when you want it super tight. But I'll have a look at the possibility of looping a length of rope around the buckle instead of drilling holes. Good point.
Hi. Has anyone solved this problem? I can't open the buckle lever without loosening the straps.

mar menor
Frequent Poster
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:03 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: mar menor,Spain
Favorite Beaches: Mar Menor,los narejos ,santa pola ,la llana,
Gear: Ozone Alpha 10 & 8 Catalyst 6 ,Ozone Enduro 10 & 8 ,Groove skate and moses 633,
Boards-north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Location: Murcia,Spain
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby mar menor » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:16 pm

mattaiken MYS NKB wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:42 pm
mar menor wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:53 pm
I have the stealth with surf spreader is it possible to buy the 'steel closed halo loop' to replace the small dyneema loop ? (in Europe)
The Freeride set up is intended to be loop only, not loop and rope. Sorry I don't have an image to share of the conversion kit.
There's images on this site of riders adding the stealth rope to their hook bar. I personally don't like the looks of this set up as I'm questioning how the CL (or what ever you're attaching with) travels with a fixed hook also in place. Also personally I like my rope really short and it always looks to me like riders have to run their rope long to achieve this set up. I believe this would be the same scenario if you were to try to add the rope to the new Freeride set up.

This conversion kit should be available in USA and EU end of May (no guarantees on this timeline in the current environment).
Thanks.To clarify I don't want to keep rope and add 'metal loop' ,I want to have only the metal loop and dispense with rope

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:52 pm
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:49 am

gabylon wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:10 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:46 pm
knotwindy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Can you drill 2 small holes and slide a rope/loop through to grab?
You, you could, but I don't know if/how much that would weaken the lever. It does take quite a lot of force to close the buckle lever when you want it super tight. But I'll have a look at the possibility of looping a length of rope around the buckle instead of drilling holes. Good point.
Hi. Has anyone solved this problem? I can't open the buckle lever without loosening the straps.
With apologies for the inconvenience and I don't have a good answer. The lever mechanism is indeed quite minimal/streamlined to avoid risk of line snag, etc. Having said that, this isn't a known/common problem and speaking as someone who has used this bar since pre-production until present (including during my Covid baby bump summer 2020) I'm able to open/close without adjusting straps. It can be worth taking to your dealer to have a look? DM me if you'd like to connect on this some more.
These users thanked the author mattaiken MYS NKB for the post:
iriejohn (Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:12 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:52 pm
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:56 am

mar menor wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:16 pm
mattaiken MYS NKB wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:42 pm
mar menor wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:53 pm
I have the stealth with surf spreader is it possible to buy the 'steel closed halo loop' to replace the small dyneema loop ? (in Europe)
The Freeride set up is intended to be loop only, not loop and rope. Sorry I don't have an image to share of the conversion kit.
There's images on this site of riders adding the stealth rope to their hook bar. I personally don't like the looks of this set up as I'm questioning how the CL (or what ever you're attaching with) travels with a fixed hook also in place. Also personally I like my rope really short and it always looks to me like riders have to run their rope long to achieve this set up. I believe this would be the same scenario if you were to try to add the rope to the new Freeride set up.

This conversion kit should be available in USA and EU end of May (no guarantees on this timeline in the current environment).
Thanks.To clarify I don't want to keep rope and add 'metal loop' ,I want to have only the metal loop and dispense with rope
Then the conversion kit will allow you to do this.

The part you want is:
35009.210337 Freeride Loop
It's expected late May in USA and Europe.
These users thanked the author mattaiken MYS NKB for the post (total 2):
zlatko23 (Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:53 am) • mar menor (Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:44 am)
Rating: 13.33%

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Weight: 80-81kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 441 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Questions on Mystic Stealth bar

Postby iriejohn » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:08 pm

gabylon wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:10 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:46 pm
knotwindy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Can you drill 2 small holes and slide a rope/loop through to grab?
You, you could, but I don't know if/how much that would weaken the lever. It does take quite a lot of force to close the buckle lever when you want it super tight. But I'll have a look at the possibility of looping a length of rope around the buckle instead of drilling holes. Good point.
Hi. Has anyone solved this problem? I can't open the buckle lever without loosening the straps.
Yes, I solved it, but I expect mattaiken MYS NKB will say "You shouldn't do that!" :wink:

I find that with bare hands it opens OK, but when wearing gloves I usually can't open it because of reduced grip on each side of the buckle.

There are two small 'bumps' on the buckle near the end which 'catch' onto the bar. So I filed them off and opening is now easy when wearing gloves. Because of the way the buckle takes load the buckle won't open itself when tightened. The 'bumps' don't take any load.

Waiting for mattaiken MYS NKB incoming ...


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 78 guests