Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

That guy is dangerous

Forum for kitesurfers
Macster
Medium Poster
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 am
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: That guy is dangerous

Postby Macster » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:14 am

Frank82 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:04 pm
Macster wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:55 am
Smashed my first Gath helmet in a crash that almost knocked me out (thanks Helmet), and it's saved me from stitches I reckon 3 or 4 times in 7 years of kiting. Crashed thousands of times wearing the Gath helmet including what is arguably the most dangerous positions for neck injury in a helmet, feet first on my back and face down with the helmet scooping water. Toeside edge crashes and healside edge crashes. No neck injuries yet touch wood.
Straps or boots? In wakeboarding all the guys wear helmets because of the obstacles, they crash hard as well. I don't know how much of a difference it makes on the strain on the neck.

While kiting I just don't like the feel of a helmet, for wakeboarding I never saw it as an issue but sessions generally last much shorter.
I have two boards with boots that I use much of the time, a strapless surfboard and two foil boards, one with straps and one without. So a pretty big mixture. The big crashes have been with boots. The ones that avoided stitches mostly with surfboard and foil boards

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: That guy is dangerous

Postby Matteo V » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:26 am

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:02 pm
Matteo, you are the common factor in the majority of serious arguments and disagreements in threads in this forum, so either ...

1. You are right most of the time.

or

2. You are not right most of the time, but either have a problem with backing down when you are wrong or are unable to see others points of view.

Which of these two do you think applies to you?

Thanks.
Matteo V wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:33 pm
... stuff ...
Right or wrong has to do with the argument made, not the person making it.

Someone who makes reasonable and logical arguments most of the time can easily make unreasonable and illogical arguments some times.

Someone who makes unreasonable and illogical arguments most of the time can easily stumble upon a reasonable and logical way of looking at things.

So if it is a mere question of defining oneself within two parameters which of these two applies to you?

However, since you chose the forum screen name for the jamaican word for cool in front of your name, I am guessing it may be hard for you to honestly choose.

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1666
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: That guy is dangerous

Postby iriejohn » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:23 am

Matteo V wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:26 am
Right or wrong has to do with the argument made, not the person making it.
So it's logical Matteo who's therefore right most of the time vs the illogical rest of the world which is therefore wrong most of the time.

OK.

(ps "irie" does not mean "cool").

dice
Medium Poster
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:05 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Style: Freeride
Gear: Hadlow ID
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: That guy is dangerous

Postby dice » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:13 am

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:23 am
Matteo V wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:26 am
Right or wrong has to do with the argument made, not the person making it.
So it's logical Matteo who's therefore right most of the time vs the illogical rest of the world which is therefore wrong most of the time.

OK.

(ps "irie" does not mean "cool").
The world is not that black and white, there isn't always a strict right and wrong.

User avatar
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1666
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Noviomagus Reginorum
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: That guy is dangerous

Postby iriejohn » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 am

dice wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:13 am
iriejohn wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:23 am
Matteo V wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:26 am
Right or wrong has to do with the argument made, not the person making it.
So it's logical Matteo who's therefore right most of the time vs the illogical rest of the world which is therefore wrong most of the time.

OK.

(ps "irie" does not mean "cool").
The world is not that black and white, there isn't always a strict right and wrong.
Exactly.

Matteo's problem is his need to see the world in terms of black and white.

User avatar
downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:16 am
Kiting since: 1970
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Perth, Australia
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: That guy is dangerous

Postby downunder » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:03 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:00 pm
Ah downsey! I was hoping we could get to some unfinished business.
downunder wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:06 am
He has no third party liability insurance, and laughed about it.
First off, I have never laughed about insurance. BUT I do find it ironic that you are grandstanding about you having insurance over your kite activities. But you have no product liability, or engineering insurance for the helmets you make or tell others how to make? I think you really need to reevaluate your priorities. And what kind of carbon fabric are you using for those helmets? Because most carbon composites are the worst choice for impact protection since they are never good for more than one impact.

I mean did you already forget about addressing this issue that you made an excuse for ignoring just a few weeks ago? You must have a very short memory.
Gonna give up on this? Maybe Toby will like your last post?
I think Ive answered to you. Let us know of engineering insurance and public liability of kites u using? How about heaps of diy kiss carbon bars out there? Your sunnies, certified for kiting? The list goes on. Pro tip, read a disclaimer on your kite.

But hey, I can make stuff. But you? Can u make anything or you just 'talk the talk'? Which is obvious.

You need help. A lot of people told you that already. You are a danger for the community because taking your extreme views internationally.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: That guy is dangerous

Postby Matteo V » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:33 pm

downunder wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:32 pm


I think Ive answered to you.....

....You need help. A lot of people told you that already. You are a danger for the community because taking your extreme views internationally.
First off, no you have not answered the question about how you can be so proud of having kiteboarding insurance, but you don't have product liability insurance for safety gear you produce.

Second, how can advocacy for helmet use be considered extreme? And what danger to the kite community could I pose by pointing out that safety gear usage is not related to being a "kook"?

Pemba
Frequent Poster
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:39 am
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Ozone C4, Brokite Hybrid
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: That guy is dangerous

Postby Pemba » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:13 pm

downunder wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:32 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:03 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:00 pm
Ah downsey! I was hoping we could get to some unfinished business.



First off, I have never laughed about insurance. BUT I do find it ironic that you are grandstanding about you having insurance over your kite activities. But you have no product liability, or engineering insurance for the helmets you make or tell others how to make? I think you really need to reevaluate your priorities. And what kind of carbon fabric are you using for those helmets? Because most carbon composites are the worst choice for impact protection since they are never good for more than one impact.

I mean did you already forget about addressing this issue that you made an excuse for ignoring just a few weeks ago? You must have a very short memory.
Gonna give up on this? Maybe Toby will like your last post?
I think Ive answered to you. Let us know of engineering insurance and public liability of kites u using? How about heaps of diy kiss carbon bars out there? Your sunnies, certified for kiting? The list goes on. Pro tip, read a disclaimer on your kite.

But hey, I can make stuff. But you? Can u make anything or you just 'talk the talk'? Which is obvious.

You need help. A lot of people told you that already. You are a danger for the community because taking your extreme views internationally.

Extreme views ??? Can you clarify ? That just seems complete nonsense to me, did I miss something ? It's all been about Matteo for a while now, few or no new arguments on the topic.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1490
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:54 pm
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: That guy is dangerous

Postby PullStrings » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Pemba wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:13 pm
It's all been about Matteo for a while now
:lol: The most dangerous guy on Kiteforum

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: That guy is dangerous

Postby Matteo V » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:50 pm

PullStrings wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:30 pm
Pemba wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:13 pm
It's all been about Matteo for a while now
:lol: The most dangerous guy on Kiteforum
Yeah I don't think I really fit the bad boy stereotype. But then again I do live in a van so that I can maximize my kite time.

And it is a pretty good indication that the argument is sound when the banter derails to attacking the presenter, instead of the argument.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], codifilo, dragnfly, Exal, Google [Bot], Kozzie, Kristan, Trent hink and 22 guests

cron